Auralic Vega Dac

A1UC

It is no small decision to spend this kind of money on a DAC.  We don't always have a chance to hear for comparison and even more rare is to hear how it sounds with your own system.   I finally bought the Bel Canto 3.5mkII with all the options along with one of the first REFlinks as soon as they came out.  This was after hearing Paul's and later having a conversation with him about all the DAC's he tried.  I had been through half a dozen or so myself and finally got tired of messing around listening to DAC's instead of music.  

I am lucky that I have gotten to know some folks with experience and who have similar tastes and opinions!  When you find these people you have to just take the leap and trust that you won't be disappointed.  For me, Paul is one of those people!  

Well said , I trusted Paul's experience also and ended up with a nice product . The combination with the NBS and VRD's are pure magic . I can now sit bake and enjoy.

What is baking ;)

Music always sounds better when you bake :wacko:

...I am lucky that I have gotten to know some folks with experience and who have similar tastes and opinions!  When you find these people you have to just take the leap and trust that you won't be disappointed.  For me, Paul is one of those people!  

Craig is one of these people too!  

Well said , I trusted Paul's experience also and ended up with a nice product . The combination with the NBS and VRD's are pure magic . I can now sit bake and enjoy.

What is baking ;)

Music always sounds better when you bake :wacko:

Do you mean music sounds better when you get baked?

DAC tech is moving rather fast and constantly IMHO, The last time I bought in it seemed to have been "peaking" no real new topologies, etc.  just increases in clock speed, etc.  so I jumped in a bought a decent pro-quality DAC.  I have stayed on the sidelines since then, afraid to buy in and miss the next, best thing.  Glad you guys are enjoying your purchases and I am fascinated to hear about them.  I will perhaps stay on the sidelines a while longer before buying anything new though, there do seem to be real advances coming to the fore that might make for an audible difference significant enough to make me open my wallet again.  I liked some of the DACs I saw building discrete analog D to

A and output sections, I started seeing those about 8 years ago and liked the idea (was it Lavry, Weiss or Meitner who first did that?).  I have my eye on the Shiit Gungnir and for less than $1,000 it seems a screaming bargain.  Regards, Tony

Edited by sunnysal

I really liked my Bel Canto DAC3.5VB MKII. I bought this after being unsatisfied with the W4S... Albeit, the Bel Canto was way more costly. Curious to hear the 3.7 for sure...

Bel Canto will upgrade the 3.5 to a 3.7 for $500.  I'm hoping to send mine in soon!

When I had the original MKI DAC3.5, I sent it in for the MKII upgrade. It was subtle, but I liked the upgrade. Better inner detail and focus. It was $500 also I believe.... In MKI clothing, the DAC was already excellent though!

I think the 3.7 will put it in Femto territory with their own clock, so this should be much more obvious improvement.