Epson 8350 opinions

tromprof

Thinking about getting a 1080p projector (currently have a 720p LG unit) and am looking at the Epson 8350. Don't need 3D, have good light controlled room. Want to stay away from DLP projectors because the rainbow effect bothers me. It can be had for $799 and seems like a reasonable deal to me. Any owners care to share an opinion.

Thanks

I've never had that model but I can comment on Epson's customer support as being fantastic.

Although that's an older model, it's still in the top 10 under 1500 on Projector Central and their editors choice for 2010

http://www.projectorcentral.com/home-theater-multimedia-projectors.htm

I think scrappydue had that one and will probably chime in.

i own one and loved it when i had it. my nanny is better but for triple the 799 price you mention it better be. where did you find it at for that price? i have been trying to sell mine for a while and then someone mentioned that they were blowing them out for that price. 

never mind i see b&h has them for that price. 

Edited by Scrappydue

I also have the Epson 8350.  130" Silver spandex 16:9 screen.

I have been very pleased.  Even during football parties when the lights are not all the way down it looks great.

I do not run bulb on economy mode myself.  With the silver screen the colors and contrast are fantastic, but a little dark in eco.  Looks great in normal mode.

A company called "VisualApex" is running a package deal with the projector, a 120" screen, and a few extra goodies for a nice price. Hopefully it will show up by the end of the week. Thanks again for the reassurance, I am sure it will be a big upgrade from the LG projector and a painted on the wall screen.