Your first song

mudhog

Just wondering, when you get some new equipment such as speakers do you have a certain song (music) already picked out for the first test drive. If so what is it? I am new on here because I'm just now buying my first klipsch used La Scalla's and I can't wait to hook them up and put on Norah Jones "sinking soon". What about you?

Norah can certainly sing with that sultry voice, plays piano and guitar well, has a lot of heart. But her best asset is her looks…..that is one HOTT lady :D

As a side note, Billy Corgan purposely left his guitar that way for that sound,which I have always liked. Always loved that raw sound when they came out and were full of piss and vinegar.

I guess I got hooked due to the poetic lyrics.  There's lots of metaphors and imagery while rarely having to use the word "like", which is a huge pet peeve of mine.  Disarm, Today, Mayonaise, all have a certain beautiful yet bittersweet feel to them that I can't find anywhere else.  Their harder songs are often fun but just not the same.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Oh yeah...  A night at the opera is a little crashy on the top end at times, but there are a few smooth tracks here and there on it.

you noticed that to?

I thought it was just my system causing sibilance or compressed ugliness at the upper range.

Nope my setup has it as well. Its the content. It actually pushes me to drop my tweets down -3db, but then with a better recording I immediately notice I have lost a little sparkle and gained dryness with too much mid.  I think Freddie liked his treble !  

Edited by Max2

I have a list to try out now, some I have and some I never heard of before. I am not a big Norah fan, but I do enjoy listening to her at times. I picked "sinking soon" for the first song because if you listen to it on a nice system and hear the trombone and Norah's voice blend in so smooth you will back it up several times to distinguish the transition between brass and voice. This is coming from a guy who's collection is 95% rock with metallica being my number one go to.

Edited by mudhog

As a side note, Billy Corgan purposely left his guitar that way for that sound,which I have always liked. Always loved that raw sound when they came out and were full of piss and vinegar.

I guess I got hooked due to the poetic lyrics.  There's lots of metaphors and imagery while rarely having to use the word "like", which is a huge pet peeve of mine.  Disarm, Today, Mayonaise, all have a certain beautiful yet bittersweet feel to them that I can't find anywhere else.  Their harder songs are often fun but just not the same.  

Lol,I've always been the opposite, not really into lyrics, more of the sound and fluctuations of the voice and the musical instruments for me. Their raw and angry sound I guess mirrored my state of mind back then, although I do enjoy lyrics more today,and have to agree his were very good. Almost Bowie like at times.

Shooting Star Last Chance, Kid Cudi Day and Night, Ray Charles Georgia on my mind The version from 1960 I believe, Alice in Chains Rooster from MTV unplugged, Stevie Ray Vaughn Tin pan Alley (roughest place in town) A few black-eyed peas songs, The white stripes hardest button to button .....Man I have to many more but now I have to go listen to some :-)

Their raw and angry sound I guess mirrored my state of mind back then

I can't think of a single pumpkins song that makes me feel angry. :) That's what Nine Inch Nails, White Zombie, and 2pac was for at the time.

Maybe not angry, but that non conforming to society mentality. White Zombie actually gets me pumped along with NIN. That whole industrial techno sound gets me pumped.