Where to buy resistors?

CECAA850

I need 2 resistors but just about all the places I've found sell in packs of 100.  I realize they're cheap enough but I just can't find anywhere that sells individuals.  Any ideas?

I need one 1/4 watt 12K Ohm and one 1/4 watt 120H Ohm resistor.

Thanks, Carl

• Like 1

Frys? At $5 or less for a pack of 100, there's literally no monetary incentive to sell individual units.

edit: check with local high schools to see if they have electronics classes. might be able to sweet talk a teacher for one of each, or find a resource to dump the remaining 198 resistors.

Edited by Thaddeus Smith

I found some on line that had lesser quantities but shipping is stupid.  Thinking back about an old project I did this past year I remembered a little electronic store here locally.  I called them up and they have 4 packs for .95.  Good enough.  I'll have a few spares in case I bugger up.  The only bad thing is that they're only open M-F 7-5.  I may try to get over there one day before work.  Thanks Thad.

I need 2 resistors but just about all the places I've found sell in packs of 100.  I realize they're cheap enough but I just can't find anywhere that sells individuals.  Any ideas?

I need one 1/4 watt 12K Ohm and one 1/4 watt 120H Ohm resistor.

Thanks, Carl

Let me check my stock.

Iv got 1/4 and 1/2 watt NOS gold Band, if you want some PM me your address, will mail in the morning.

P.S. No Charge

PM and a big thank you sent.

Just remember that i have a stash, im pretty well done with ever using them, been years since iv been that cabinet.

This goes for anyone that needs them.

mustang guy's recommendation of Mouser is spot-on; I've used them for many years and they have never messed up an order.

Just checked their web site and you can still get a print catalog free; the last one I got was several thousand pages and about 3" thick!

I learned early on from the Mouser sales team that what's in the catalog is only about half of what's on the shelves---it's better to use their on line search engine which is top drawer. You can search for say an 8 ohm 1% power resistor to test your amplifier. By selecting various filters (such as power rating), you'll get the quantity of 8 ohm 1% resistors available each time you make a selection in the Power Rating  filter, e.g..

How 'bout an 8 ohm 1% 100w non-inductive chassis mount resistor for $25.65!

Lee   

mustang guy's recommendation of Mouser is spot-on; I've used them for many years and they have never messed up an order.

Just checked their web site and you can still get a print catalog free; the last one I got was several thousand pages and about 3" thick!

I learned early on from the Mouser sales team that what's in the catalog is only about half of what's on the shelves---it's better to use their on line search engine which is top drawer. You can search for say an 8 ohm 1% power resistor to test your amplifier. By selecting various filters (such as power rating), you'll get the quantity of 8 ohm 1% resistors available each time you make a selection in the Power Rating  filter, e.g..

How 'bout an 8 ohm 1% 100w non-inductive chassis mount resistor for $25.65!

Lee   

Yeah, sort from most expensive to least, and you can get into government prices. You do know that's where our tax dollars go.  :)