Deals That Make You Go "AHHHHHHH!"

The History Kid

So I just happened onto Search Tempest...it's become one of my nightly routines.  I stumbled upon someone in the Milwaukee area selling an old Yamaha receiver and a pair of RB-5's for...wait for it....$50.  $50!  I could make half that back on the receiver or more!  So I immediately called the guy.......

...alas...he had just gotten home from selling the speakers (but not the receiver).

I feel like crying now...:(

I also feel like "ARGH!" in infinite rage for not seeing them sooner! >:[

this elderly couple at my church were about to toss some pristine macintosh mc30 mono block amps…my brother stops them. I may buy them (i don’t want to take advantage but since i’ll have to pay several hundred refurbishing them--hopefully i can come up with a price that will make both of us happy).

• Like 3

It's worth also noting that I would have figured out some way to up the ante for this guy a bit.  I didn't have intentions of settling at $50 for them. (This forum's taught me a bit more about being appreciative on good deals, not just simply taking advantage of them).  But still...that was sad. :(

Good luck on that sale Stew.  I'm not as fine tuned on mono amps, but I've seen what they tend to go for!

• Like 2

Make no mistake Matt, that was a killer deal you got too!

I'm hoping my time for owning a pair of 3's or 5's comes soon, but at the usual going price - it won't be until next year unfortunately.  Somewhere yet on this side of Christmas I still should go shopping for the family too... :unsure:

this elderly couple at my church were about to toss some pristine macintosh mc30 mono block amps…my brother stops them. I may buy them (i don’t want to take advantage but since i’ll have to pay several hundred refurbishing them--hopefully i can come up with a price that will make both of us happy).

My neighbor talked me into buying his Macintosh mc 30's several years back.  1 grand for both and he threw in the Lafayette master controller.  Spent another grand having everything gone through.

Looking back I think he gave me a good deal for my 1st tube setup.  Very clean, no rust or pitting.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 2