F.S. HRT Music Streamer ll + (DAC)

SWL

For sale a 'like new'  Music Streamer ll+  DAC from High Resolution Technologies. This is the "Plus" model.....a considerable step up in sound quality from the Music Streamer ll.

I started with the Music Streamer ll and liked it so much I wanted to try the Music Streamer ll+ and was not disappointed. Overall better sound quality and most notable it has tighter bass. This unit has been rock solid...never any problems. I would still be using it but since I went the digital EQ route (DEQ 2496) which has it's own DAC in it....I haven't looked back.

Asking price is $150.00 including shipping and USB cable. Price is firm since I believe this is a very reasonable price. No pics since I have no camera....but if you really want some I could probably get my daughter to take care of it. Here's a pic and info from their site. The unit is identical....no flaws whatsoever.

http://www.hirestech.com/product/?pid=128

Thanks,

-Scott

Is there a minimum operating system the computer needs,or does it not matter?

Jim,

I've used this DAC with two laptops....middle of the road, nothing fancy. First one was a Dell laptop with Windows Vista and the one I'm currently using is a Dell with Windows 8.1. Just plug it in and go. There's nothing to it. :)

I also upgraded from the Streamer II to the Streamer II+.  I found the difference to be subtle but noticeable.   To me, it just seemed more musical in a way that is hard for me to describe.  This DAC received some very good reviews.  IMHO at this price this in an outstanding value.   It doesn't look like much but it is very well made and it is an excellent DAC.   It works very well with my TPA3118 based amp and Klipsch Quartets.

One note....if you have trouble with USB dacs causing you to lose your Windows master volume control, a great little utility called Volume2 can help you fix that. ;)

happy listening...

mark

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank Scott for the DAC, VERY nice upgrade to what I was listening to. This and the tube amp open up the sound quality coming from my computer like night and day when comparing them.Listening to a bunch of stuff I forgot I had, and makes me appreciate the music all over again. Sound stage seems to take up the whole wall from floor to ceiling and the full width of the room and envelopes me. Hard to believe how much better the two added into things could be.