Help! Different EV N/DYM 1-16 diaphragms?

absolve2525

I received the pair of drivers that I won off Ebay. I requested that they were matched for resistance, since more than one pair was available. Both are around 12ohms. I opened up to inspect the diaphragms, and it looks like two different types! Argh! One has N 1.18 and the other has N 2.7 written on the dome with marker. Are these different thickness? I want a matched pair for home use. I've attached photos. Thanks for any input!

post-52512-0-84480000-1420211877_thumb.j

post-52512-0-65680000-1420212092_thumb.j

post-52512-0-85000000-1420212098_thumb.j

Edited by absolve2525

cannot believe how few DH1A fans there are. These things represent the most amazing value. They can play from 500 Hz to 20KHz and can output ten acoustical watts of sound across that band. simply sota all these years later. I am loving my brothers pair but need to find a set for myself soon. You can use them as 2" exit or remove the nose cup and use them as 1.4" exit.

For those looking for a wide band driver of superb quality with a one inch screw on mount the EV DH1506 excellent. Best regards Moray James.

cannot believe how few DH1A fans there are. These things represent the most amazing value. They can play from 500 Hz to 20KHz and can output ten acoustical watts of sound across that band. simply sota all these years later. I am loving my brothers pair but need to find a set for myself soon. You can use them as 2" exit or remove the nose cup and use them as 1.4" exit.

For those looking for a wide band driver of superb quality with a one inch screw on mount the EV DH1506 excellent. Best regards Moray James.

I am very happy with mine.

"I hooked em up, both sound the same to my ear."

Easy way to evaluate the match, hook one up out-of-phase and play noise. Face them together. The closer the match, the less you will hear.

When matching up a large batch, I always clean the gap and match the Ω, then go to the noise test.

• Like 1