Any Klipsch community here with disabilities? Chime in!

Kent T

• Moderators

I was born with problems with my feet and legs, (feet pointed sideways) but this was fixed over my first few years so it was never really a problem for me I barely even remember, just my parents and what they went through.

Saying that I don't have any idea what it's like for everyone here, what they have gone through and general everyday life. But from reading here, and not just what has been written but the attitude of everyone who posted, I must say everyone should have you attitude, disability or not, especially the not's, some whine about normal life being hard, they have no idea what hard is.

It makes me feel great to read these post and I have the highest respect for you all, GREAT attitudes.

No matter what the problems, things could always be worse.

Don't we all love to hear and know about people who have/continue to triumph, day by day by day.  People that find a way, find their way, when surrender is so much easier.  You don't have to do much, just give up.  Blame life or others.  Find some like-minded others who justify their beaten down attitude among each other.

And the others, facing great difficulty head on.  Not always succeeding, but succeeding one more time than they fail.  Character is invisible, but so good to see.  And it invariably manifests itself in ways that are visible, and humbling and inspiring to those who admire character!

• Like 1

I have MD -  its a genetic thing -  your born with -  turns out my sister and myself were affected out of the 4 of us -   its been a slow progression at first - but now its a pain in the *** -  instead of dealing with cars now - i have my wheelchair to tinker with :)     and my forte II   so cant complain too much -     i am lucky i got a new power chair  on new years eve -   its been a year in the process -  alot of paper work for the insurance and justify for the chair and features etc, - 

these things cost as much as a car - its crazy the cost of medical stuff -     i have to say -  i am lucky with what i do have -  i managed to have a great apt. and what ever i really need -  when you ride around in the city and see all the homeless

you have to count your blessings -    thats rough - shouldnt be for anyone  

here is a pic of my current chairs -   the new one is the first one you see -  cant see the other one -   in this picture -   i still have my first chair i ever got in the other room -  i use that for indoors only since its old and batteries are dead - not much good outside -  

this is my older chair -  http://www.sunrisemedical.com/products/quickie/power/quickie%C2%AE-p-222%E2%84%A2-se.aspx

this is the new one i just got - http://www.sunrisemedical.com/products/quickie/power/quickies6series.aspx

the new one got this 12 inch seat lift -  its crazy -  comes in handy alot more than you would thinkpost-26590-0-75520000-1421366356_thumb.jpost-26590-0-41280000-1421366375_thumb.jpost-26590-0-72400000-1421366395_thumb.j

• Like 1

Expresso, and others,

The specific dollar cost is high.  The specific ability it gives you--priceless.

i agree - no question -   these new chairs today - they are pretty good - - i fought to get the models i wanted -  and for the speed -  i cant go slow -  once i am in that thing and outside - i have to get going - i am all over the city in the summer

i mean going all around from east side river all the way around the freedom tower -  i  can get a good 12 to 15 miles range before i need a charge  -  i always carry a charger with me -  and i started last year - i added charging cables directly to the battery pack -  got myself a 20 amp charger  and i can get it back up to 95% full from a dead battery in about 3 hours max -   -  thats compared to overnight the supplied charger they give you -   hugh difference -  i needed that when i had one chair at least -   i will see how it works out in the summer with the new one - i may add the cables on that one also -  after first year -   at least -   they dont want the user to touch anything -   even programming the thing -  -  i have the program and cables for that also -   which i do myself on laptop -  make minor adjustments to speed - turning - stopping etc, -    they dont understand these things -  they just want to sell it to you and thats it -  it suppose to be good the way you get it -   like if One size pants fits all -    everyone is different -    -    the P222se -  that thing comes super sensitive - i had to slow that down to use it  -  or else it would wheelie all the time -   its a fun chair to jump off curbs  and all over the place -  but  i had to adjust some profiles for smooth riding -   and i left two for high speed -    

someone is making alot of money of these things though -   i mean when you add in the features like the seat lift and tilt etc, -   those two features add 10K to the cost -    the base cost of the chair is just that - the base and basic sling back - then you add what you really need for a Rehab chair and  that base cost doubles -     i am just saying -  maybe more people can get them if costs were alot more reasonable also -  even though my insurance paid -   you have to always fight and justify the need -   

Edited by expresso

Tube Fan, the colors that get me the most is green, red and yellow. Although, blue, pink and purple get me too. Come to think of it, brown and green get me too. Thats why I have my wife double check my clothes before I leave the house! LOL. And I am OK with it. If thats all I have to complain about, its all good. 

Expresso - Please PM me again, and include your mailing address. These are for you:

attachicon.gifBadges.PNG

hey - now that just made me feel better -  i sent you a message -    i am just starting to feel better after the past 6 days with the flu here -   it hit me like a  brink last saturday  and today first day i am better -  i have to believe worst of this one is over -    those are really cool  :)     i been a Klipsch fan for over 20 years easy -  since the first time i heard  the KG 4 -   i got a good handful around me who never heard of them into klipsch also -    and since i got the forte II now - i handed my KG 3.2 to a friend who never had a good speaker -  along with a nice Sub - my marantz 7002 -  all the wiring -   now someone else can enjoy them and she lives in my building - another wheelchair user -   we ride together in the summer -    so i still can visit them -  a few floors down :)      

thanks again -  !!! :)

• 1 month later...

I can have frustrating days where I move with no elegance. But when I come home tired, nap some, stretch tired muscles, enjoy this forum with fine food and music, all my frustrations go away. What does not kill preemie little ones, makes them stronger. So called experts who told me what I could not achieve in life, made me work harder to get it done (not always the method they had in mind). I wrote everything so called experts said I could not do, it was my roadmap to life and living. And I still dare to try new things, PWK did to the end (the reason why we are here to begin with). He told me when special ed wanted to deny me of normal education and send me off to worse, "It's not right, BullShit!, Go after that administrator and his executives with both barrels. Make 'em think. Enlist what you need for battle and let everyone know what is being done to trample on your rights", "Klipsch & Associates will assist you on the legal front, he handed me a BullShit T Shirt". I wore it to every meeting relevant, I recorded them all. My employer and the company attorneys and the media took care of the naysayers. Many an Oak Ridger took a day off from work to defend and support me, the local audio emporium put up petitions. And so did the radio station I engineered for. And radio and TV, a bunch of Oak Ridge scientists, engineers, and support crew amplified my cries for normalcy. Oak Ridge city schools were prepared for me some two years before it happened. I got my wishes after shouting down everything they said would get in my way. The administrator of the special ed school got served with legal papers from the Department of Education for violating many a law. I used resource room minimally. Oak Ridge High School gradually got behind me. 3 years later, 3.3 GPA and I graduated. The record shows, I took the blows, and did it MY WAY! From there, I developed even more of who I am. I even took up adaptive climbing at 50 years. I will try new things every chance I get. In honor of PWK, and because I can. It is there. My own motto is NO LIMITS. Can't is not in my vocabulary, it sure was not in Paul Wilbur Klipsch's vocabulary either. 

Edited by Kent T