Industrial La Scala's - Split Versions - Aluminum Trim

seanwmil

Since nobody has sprung for them here I'll mention my experience with like speakers. Forum member Speakerfritz wanted a pair of Industrial split la scalas w aluminum trim that were on Craigslist near me. The photos looked very nice.  He just couldn't work out shipping for a reasonable price. Anyway, the seller was asking $1,000 for those and they stayed for sale for quite a while. I have Belles so wasn't interested myself. Seems there is a wide range a seller might get for these speakers. As a general rule when talking Klipsch speakers, pristine examples in fine wood veneers sell for much more than industrial black finished speakers.

• Like 3

Since nobody has sprung for them here I'll mention my experience with like speakers. Forum member Speakerfritz wanted a pair of Industrial split la scalas w aluminum trim that were on Craigslist near me. The photos looked very nice.  He just couldn't work out shipping for a reasonable price. Anyway, the seller was asking $1,000 for those and they stayed for sale for quite a while. I have Belles so wasn't interested myself. Seems there is a wide range a seller might get for these speakers. As a general rule when talking Klipsch speakers, pristine examples in fine wood veneers sell for much more than industrial black finished speakers.

for sure as they are like fine furniture , some finishes can be real beauties

Edited by Randyh
  • Like 1

I saw some Scalas which were finished with Zebrawood veneer - absolutely awesome

- the lascala speaker is a design that lends itself to one of the most beautiful speakers once you add - a riser - cut the cabinet for a split cab design -ala Scala 2 -

-  the addition of grilles and logos on the midrange and tweeter section  give the speaker a defined two tone look that is eternal - a classic -

• Like 1

Tried Craigslist. Nothing. Not surprised. Ebay, interest but no $$. Screw it I'm keeping them. :)

Good idea.  You have much invested in time, bed liner, and aluminum molding that people understand the value of though the price needs to be in line, especially redone.  I've been watching a number of La Scalas come and go on CL.  Highest price set was $1200 that may have actually sold.

Enjoy them.  You can't put a price on your work.

• Like 1

They are just like the ones I own without MODs I have had mine for  years and they still sound good when I first ordered them The dealer said the Price went up for some reason my pockets were fat and I had to have them lol I paid $ 3500. for the pair Still play them.          

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm convinced that the aluminum edging and fibreglass mat make the side walls much less susceptible to deflection than on standard LaScalas. I've had both for years and the pro ones just have a tighter sound. Rev em up outside and stand about 25-30 feet from them so the sound from all drivers melds together - it's amazing really. 

• Like 1