[Sold] Marantz SR5003

The History Kid

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

So...I have for sale here a mostly-functional SR5003.  Proceeds from the sale will go 50% to K9 Kindness Rescue in Davenport, Iowa and 50% to our awesome buddy Joe.  Won't be collecting anything here.

What do I mean about mostly-functional?  Well, as far as I can tell the HDMI features are not working on this receiver, I think something happened in transit to me.  Since it was shipped via USPS, anything is possible, but the receiver itself functions fine.  Component seemed to work okay when I tried it too.

It's since been on office duty - in that it's been powering just A/B speakers in the office since it's been in my possession.

The sale includes the Audessey mic, and the remote, though some dingus lost the back of the battery cover.

I've opted to move the Yamaha RX-V730 I currently have in the living room to replace this one, as there is a new receiver coming to replace the V730, so one receiver has to go, and it might as well be the Marantz (since my mom is familiar with Yamaha, she hasn't really dabble with the Marantz much).

I think my asking is going to be $100 ($50 to the animal rescue, $50 to Joe)  - if you want it shipped, it will be a flat $140.

I have one picture for now...I'll post more tomorrow when I have some natural light to work with so people can actually see things.

post-58712-0-65840000-1421042990_thumb.j

Here are some more, including one where you can note some scratches on the back, these were from the original owner - best I can tell.  He insisted HDMI was working prior to shipping - I'm inclined to believe him considering damage doesn't appear to any actual port.

post-58712-0-57740000-1421094380_thumb.jpost-58712-0-84780000-1421094406_thumb.jpost-58712-0-48380000-1421094419_thumb.jpost-58712-0-18420000-1421094460_thumb.jpost-58712-0-74380000-1421094510_thumb.j

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 1

I think it might be, but I'm not sure.  I was a bit flustered when I got it, and instead just quickly opted to move it to office duty.  That was before I knew that the decoders were starting to fail on the living room Yamaha.  Save for the marks on the back, the unit's actually in pretty good shape.

When I ship amplifiers I tend to be a bit more edgy just because of the parts that can come loose.  Of course, after the USPS incident with a pair of Polks I sent out, might be adopting a grizzly packing habit with speakers too.  Not that I didn't do that already, just that I'll have to be moreso.

Thanks for the props. :)

• Like 1

I hope you insured the package for $500.  B)

You never think about doing that when it actually happens it seems.

I am scared to plug it in...Don't want to see "puff" and smoke coming out of it.

I can't say I blame you. Let's just file the claim on it and see if we can't get that worked out. I'm not sure what Marantz are worth as parts either. Sad really, it was a fine receiver save for the HDMI issues.

I think I'm done shipping electronics for a while after this...too many butterfinger drivers.

This kind of damage is typically not from the drivers. Large sorting facilities are largely automated with conveyor belts , chutes and drops. This is very unfortunate and a reminder to insure used items for the original cost of the item if possible. Hope you get this resolved quickly as it can be a pain in the ***.

This kind of damage is typically not from the drivers. Large sorting facilities are largely automated with conveyor belts , chutes and drops. This is very unfortunate and a reminder to insure used items for the original cost of the item if possible. Hope you get this resolved quickly as it can be a pain in the ***.

Truth be told, I had a bad feeling as soon as I found out the shipment was delayed. So unlike FedEx and highly suspicious since their reasoning didn't make any sense. It isn't a lean against any particular person, but it does make things frustrating for everyone involved, especially the person who wanted the item that now doesn't have one.

Such a shame.

The only good news about this is that it was covered.

I'm going through the steps to make sure this gets resolved. Can't trust anyone to ship anything lately. :(

I have a few heavy receivers and amps that I'm sending out for repairs.  Got a extra large pelican case for shipping stereo equip.  Works well so far.  First stereo to go UPS weighed in at 105 lbs including the case.  Over $1,000 insured value suppose to get special handling. 

Sure hate to see the damage done in shipping.