Any Football fans watching the game?

twistedcrankcammer

My Alma Mater (Miami University) played Ohio State a couple years ago

they got crushed.

The pre-game and half time shows were however, outstanding!

It was Alumni week for Ohio State's Band.  Any prior band member was welcome to come back, dress up and do it again.

Ohio State alone probably had enough people on hand (they do a pre-game 'concert' (practice) in the arena next to the stadium)

Anyways, Ohio State probably had enough people to create three or four full bands.  Indeed, if I recall correctly, when they were doing the halftime show, I think they did four script Ohio's (or was it two???  I forget!!)

Anyways, they ALSO had Miami's band with them in the pregame show as well as halftime show.

It was really a fantastic jam session.  Hard to imagine just how much a marching band can light it up if they want to.

Unfortunately, they hardly show any of that on the TV (which is why my father wanted to drive up from South Carolina....  to simply watch the halftime show & then return home)

He was also going to drive to New Orleans a week or so ago to see them there (until halftime) but he decided he'd better not.  (84 year old doesn't need to drive halfway across the country to a rowdy city just to watch a band perform for 12 minutes and then work his way home....  alone)

"BEST DAMNED BAND IT THE LAND!!

Props to your pops for even considering the drive!

My sister drove to Texas from Kansas and my little brother flew in from Columbus and went to the game together yesterday!!!

Must have been pretty embarrassing for Oregon players to only have 30% of the attendance in the Dome, says a lot about how Ohio feels about OSU.... Go Bucks!!!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer