Hersey II 12" Woofer Upgrade?

They are chugging along fine, but I foresee a need to upgrade them sooner than later, out of personal desire if nothing else. I personally love the spun-copper Cerametallic woofers in many of the new speakers. Would that be a easy task to accomplish, or even worth going that route? Thoughts?

Regards,

Luther

one suggestion is the klipsch k28 - 4 ohms woofer from the H3 - it is a phenomenal woofer versus  the k24 and definitely better at delivering bass -

I 2nd this. I put K28's in my HIIs. Keep in mind that there is an impedance difference, K24 is 8 ohms, K28 is 4ohms. So the crossovers should be altered to account for it as the crossover point will change, if not they could sound "boomy". I have seen people post that did this without making a crossover change and were satisfied with the sound. 

I am an obsessive tweaker and used the excuse to make new external crossovers. Stuffed em with polyfil also.

Klipsch sells a kit to upgrade the HII to an HIII too.

Edited by cyto

one suggestion is the klipsch k28 - 4 ohms woofer from the H3 - it is a phenomenal woofer versus  the k24 and definitely better at delivering bass -

I 2nd this. I put K28's in my HIIs. Keep in mind that there is an impedance difference, K24 is 8 ohms, K28 is 4ohms. So the crossovers should be altered to account for it as the crossover point will change, if not they could sound "boomy". I have seen people post that did this without making a crossover change and were satisfied with the sound. 

I am an obsessive tweaker and used the excuse to make new external crossovers. Stuffed em with polyfil also.

Klipsch sells a kit to upgrade the HII to an HIII too.

the H3 Kit From klipsch  is a 300$ per speaker charge  - with the crossover - the woofer - the mid driver comes with no horn as you re-use the K701 and finally a tweeter - the mids and highs use titanium diaphragms -it is a perfect fit for H2 that have a square rear crossover - round one just require a bit of cutting in the MDF -

Edited by Randyh