Academy versus RC-7

edzu1234

I have just purchased a RC-7 Center Channel and I am looking for some advice.  I presently have a Academy Center Channel and I'm running it with a pair of La Scalas and 2 pairs of Forte II's in my system.   I listen 80% music and 20% Home Theatre.  Would I be better off using the RC-7 as an upgrade at center and if so, how would I adjust the timbre to match the sound of the other speakers? (I have a Denon AVR-3805 Receiver.)   

Thanks for taking the time to respond and your advice and input

• 3 weeks later...

I use a RC 7 in between my Chorus II's that I use exclusively for movies and TV and find it blends in and matches up perfectly. I only run two channels though when listening to music. If you already have the speaker try it out and see for yourself if it works or not. I have found many times that things that are deemed "incorrect" in the audio world work just fine for me in my situation.

Watch a movie where things pan across the front stage from L to R or R to L you will indeed notice it.  If you don't then something must be wrong with your hearing.  The timbre' is not even close.  I have tried them all Academy, KV-4, KLF-C7, etc.  They do not blend seamlessly with the Heritage big boys.  Is it acceptable, I suppose but it is certainly a compromise as there are better choices.