Sold: Restored H.H. Scott 299-C $675

Rivernuggets

I purchased this used in January 2010 and had it restored by Craig at NOSValves in July the same year.  I have exactly $748.29 invested.  I can provide the spec sheet of Craig's work to those interested.

Willing to sell for $675 shipped to CONUS.  Paypal please (and will eat their fees) but if you would like snail mail please use a Postal Money Order.

According to Craig this has ~35 Watts per Channel.  Original tubes.  There is a blemish on the front lower right of the face plate (pictures 0563 & 0565).  It comes with a metal case, how I purchased it.  This is a very sweet sounding piece.  I'll include Craig's tube biasing instructions.

Reason for selling is I have a piano purchase coming up and this will help make that happen.  Also, long story short, in owning this I have found that solid state is where I belong with listening at home.  I have barely used this, maybe 10 hours tops, due to a fear of using up the precious tubes' life.  Isn't that ridiculous?  I do love the way this sounds.  It will get more use and enjoyment with one of you.

This is an oddity as far as the 299-C models go.  Here is Craig's email to me from 2010:

Thanks for contacting me. That is actually a kind of rare Scott integrated amp. Kind of a transition piece between the 299C and 299D while it states its a 299C on the face plate its eclectically under the chassis and physically the tube/transformer layout is identical to a 299D. I've never figured out why Scott did things like this but they did. It's kind of strange since the face plate had to be special made since a original 299C face plate was laid out different and will not fit on this amplifier. Why they wouldn't just name it a 299D from the first amplifier built I have no idea. Although the final 299D model had a updated face plate styling so maybe that is why they didn't rename it until those face plates were finalized?

post-32510-0-00400000-1422995786_thumb.j

post-32510-0-94600000-1422995792_thumb.j

post-32510-0-21880000-1422995798_thumb.j

post-32510-0-53200000-1422995807_thumb.j

post-32510-0-12280000-1422995819_thumb.j

Edited by Rivernuggets

I've almost sold my 222c a couple of times now.....gotten offers up the wazoo.....as high as $1000.00.....I just can't let it go. I know I'd regret it.

This looks to be a great deal and I know from experience that Lyle is a great person to deal with. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks for your responses Alex and Scott.

.....I just can't let it go. I know I'd regret it.

I've thought about this a great deal.  Don't think I'll regret this down the road.  Interests change with time, though.  We'll see!

If not to late raise the price I'd say $875 would still be a deal.

In my book it's too late.  Pisses me off when someone ups the price after underestimating the initial sale price.  Can't go back now.  Should have done more research like PM you first.  :P

Edited by Rivernuggets