New to Oppo

mxr dad

You may have seen my recent thread inquiring about Oppo. Well, I purchased the 103 and awaiting delivery. Question: Do you guys have your satellite receiver going into the Oppo? Any suggestions on hook up when I get it in a day or so?

Setup:

Samsung PN64 F8500 Plasma

Pioneer Sc 1222 7.2 AVR. (It has pre-outs).

Dish Network

RF7ii

And soon Oppo 103.

Hook the Oppo 103 via HDMI into Pioneer? Dish receiver into Oppo? Dunno. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, and soon a custom sub from Carl. Until then, running Sub 12.

I guess if you are not satisfied with the video feed of your satellite, you could use the video processor of the 103.

I say try your satellite direct to your plasma, then try direct to your receiver, and then direct to your 103.

You then decide which offers best picture quality.

Bill

• Like 1

I tried mine (Directv) connected direct to the oppo for a few days. Could not tell any difference so i put it back thru the Onkyo. I prefer to have my pre/pro do all of the switching and also keep the oppo turned off when watching tv.

here, this will keep you busy while you await delivery :)

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-blu-ray-players/1432162-official-oppo-bdp-103-owner-s-thread.html

I too have heard great things about Oppo. Admittedly I have a slim PS3 that is my dedicated bluray movie and Netflix player. Compared to other players it's very speedy loading and ejecting discs. My Pioneer BDP-51FD  (current firmware) is slow as Christmas. How does the Oppo fare for disc handling performance?    

Edited by miketyler

How does the Oppo fare for disc handling performance?    

About as good as any you can find.

Super fast loading even with BD's and SACD's.

When I had my BDP-83, it never came close to not playing any disc I threw at it.

Bill 

Edited by willland

When you finally have it installed, can you please tell me how fast it loads a blu-ray movie?

I'm looking into getting a new bluray player to replace my old-and-slower-than-molasses Pioneer BDP-94HD.

I'm kind of holding out for the Panasonic UHD bluray player supposedly to come out this year.