Selling Pair of 1987 Khorns Oiled Oak

JlWinchester100

I was the first to respond to this post and was offered the khorns. I accepted on the condition that the seller post them on Audiogon for thirty days. I did this because I could not take advantage of a newbee who obviously did not know the value of what she was selling. She is not desperate to sell. We are not CL but rather a community of people with a similar interest. I felt like we had a responsibility to not take advantage of her. If she does not sell on Audiogon I can take them with no guilt. I am sharing this only because I do not want anyone to think she welched on her offer to sell for $1,850.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 4

Guest Steven1963

I was the first to respond to this post and was offered the khorns. I accepted on the condition that the seller post them on Audiogon for thirty days. I did this because I could not take advantage of a newbee who obviously did not know the value of what she was selling. She is not desperate to sell. We are not CL but rather a community of people with a similar interest. I felt like we had a responsibility to not take advantage of her. If she does not sell on Audiogon I can take them with no guilt. I am sharing this only because I do not want anyone to think she welched on her offer to sell for $1,850.

Flame away.

On 22 Feb she offered them for $2400.  No interest.  On 3 Mar she dropped the price to $1850. Interest was sparked. That is apparently, until Earl jumped in, and now the price is back to $2400?

Edited by Steven1963

Flame away.

On 22 Feb she offered them for $2400.  No interest.  On 3 Mar she dropped the price to $1850. Interest was sparked. That is apparently, until Earl jumped in, and now the price is back to $2400?

I bought them because I wanted them. However. I gave her a chance to get a price closer to what they are worth before taking them. If that is not alright with you Steve, too bad. They were not even posted on Audiogon when you wrote your post or I responded so how do you know what she is asking. At least get your facts straight. 

Edited by eth2

Your a good man Earl.

• Like 1

Your a good man Earl.

Yes….classy move.

• Like 2

Guest Steven1963

Flame away.

I bought them because I wanted them. However. I gave her a chance to get a price closer to what they are worth before taking them. If that is not alright with you Steve, too bad. They were not even posted on Audiogon when you wrote your post or I responded so how do you know what she is asking. At least get your facts straight. 

It's all fine with me, Earl. I have no interest in them.  Do whatever you want with them, pay whatever you want for them.  I do not care. And my facts were straight: she offered them for $2400, dropped the price to $1850. You apparently told her to post them elsewhere for more.  That's between you and her.  Calm down and put away your quills.

Flame away.

It's all fine with me, Earl. I have no interest in them.  Do whatever you want with them, pay whatever you want for them.  I do not care. And my facts were straight: she offered them for $2400, dropped the price to $1850. You apparently told her to post them elsewhere for more.  That's between you and her.  Calm down and put away your quills.

On 22 Feb she offered them for $2400. No interest. On 3 Mar she dropped the price to $1850. Interest was sparked. That is apparently, until Earl jumped in, and now the price is back to $2400?

If you did not care, why the nasty post? You have developed a habit of responding negatively to my posts. I grow tired of it as I have told you in private PM's. If you do not like what I write, simply ignore my posts. Further, you are not correct as to her new asking price, despite your comments.

Once again, have a nice day.   

Edited by eth2

The uptick in response came as a result of two forum members suggesting I move my post to Garage Sale from where I originally (erroneously) posted them.  The Forum Moderator took the initiative, as a result of that suggestion, to move the posting.  That's when the responses increased.  The fact that I was so under priced definitely spiced the pot.  As a matter of fact, I even received a good samaritan email from my CL posting, suggesting I pull the post and re-price. 

• Like 2

The uptick in response came as a result of two forum members suggesting I move my post to Garage Sale from where I originally (erroneously) posted them.  The Forum Moderator took the initiative, as a result of that suggestion, to move the posting.  That's when the responses increased.  The fact that I was so under priced definitely spiced the pot.  As a matter of fact, I even received a good samaritan email from my CL posting, suggesting I pull the post and re-price. 

Most of us support you getting a fair price for your Klipschorns. Last week we had a similar discussion with a Newbee who posted his Klipschorns for $5,000. After a discussion on the Forum he lowered his price to a minimum of $3,500. There was some support for that asking price, but nearly everyone thought they would be correctly priced no lower than $2,500 to $2,700.

I am simply giving you the opportunity to get what they are worth (IMHO) before I accept your former asking price. When I was new here, if I had a similar item to sell, I would have hoped my Forum brothers would have done the same for me.

GLWS

• Like 1