What is the finish on these Forte's

derrickdj1

Congratulations!

A suitable product to use on oiled Klipsch speakers is Watco Rejuvenating Oil. Can be found with the stains at Lowes. Careful to get the clear type, they make it was some stains as well (like Old English).  Shake lightly but thoroughly before use (don't make bubbles), wipe on thin coat, let it sit, wipe away excess or it might form a gooey film. Several coats much better than laying it on heavy. 

Steve Phillips at Tech Support used to say about old dry Heritage speakers ' Oil once a day for a week, once a week for a month, once a month for a year' Well not quite that much, but you get the idea. It's the elbow grease that really makes them shine! 

nice pile 'o amps btw. 

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 1

Slippery slope-

-

-

-

-

-

congrats!

Edited by Tasdom
  • Like 1

Derrick, have fun experimenting with them.  18 - 24 inches from the wall seems optimal, but you will find the sweet spot in your listening room.  I will be interested in hearing your A/B to the RF-7's.  I haven't done that because they are on separate floors.

Thanks for the setup info Todd.  I will do an A/B of the RF 7 with the resistor mod VS the Forte I with the Crites XO.  This should be interesting since I have always liked the RF 7 mod for music.  OK Reference speakers, I have always stood up for you.  Don't get blown away, lol.