Q-Sound recordings

NBPK402

You made me go plug in my Vivid 3D Theater NuReality VT200 (SRS labs) after 18yrs of sitting in the box to a set of headphones.  I think I'm going to have to hook it into the stereo.  It used to make sound appear to come from everywhere, especially convincing on concert videos like Hell Freezes Over.

post-38-0-68900000-1424966169_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-83140000-1424966275_thumb.jpg

Edited by pzannucci

What was your experience with analog sources with that device?  Looks worth 30.00 just as an experiment against my 15.00 DynaQuad. 

Dave

Dave, since the ultraQ is just a line level in-line add-on, and there really isn't much control over "how much/little" or other settings, I didn't really care for what came out of it. Something gained/something lost kind of thing. It certainly did not produce anything like what's heard on Roger Water's Amused to Death.

I'd still like to find a VST plug-in version of this to try with Sound Forge/Acid Pro and J River.

I tried calling Qsound serveral times today and got either a busy signal or "wrong number as dialed". Nothing back from the email as yet either. And the "Investors" section of the web site doesn't have any news since 2010. I think it's safe to say Qsound is probably out of business.

• Like 1

Hooking the plus lines on the speakers together on a second set of speaker doing an L - R and R - L signal gets you there  :rolleyes:

Indeed.  Not much more to DynaQuad than that, except for level control and a "Front Only" switch.  That's why it's so good and can't be construed as a "process."  Just playing what is there and letting it go where it wants to be.

Dave

I got RTR Master of Voodoo Child, and the panning of the guitar spins around the entire room including right beside my head as well as behind. It will scare you the first time you hear it. Not bad for an almost 50 yr old recording!

By RTR I take it you mean reel to reel tape?

You lucky dog!!!!

Where/how did you come up with that?

What sorcery is this? Oh, voodoo. Never mind.

I've got Madonna's The Immaculate Collection.

All of but a couple songs are mastered with Q-Sound.

I'd say the sound has that typical "enhanced width" presentation.  Extra wide stage, but with the some suck out in the mids.

Works very well for this album...especially over my laptop or boombox where the speakers are closer together. 

mh90.png

• Like 1