RF-7II vs. Heritage for HT

Guest Steven1963

Why would you say that you would even think the RF-7II would measure best??? In what way??? It sure does not sound the best, is not as efficient, so it inherently should have more distortion. They are more power hungry, wont play as loud. I would surely think they don't play as flat, and horn loaded Bass is more accurate if he goes with Klipschorns or LaScalas. I presently own all TSCMs and original RF-7s and it is hands down no comparison. I have owned both Klipschorns and LaScalas in the past as well as have a buddy within 12 miles that has a pair of Klipschorns and three LaScalas, a brother in Law within 5 miles that owns Klipschorns and a Nephew within 3 miles that owns LaScalas. I am truly curious where you are coming from with this and what you base your hypothesis on???

Roger

Since he specifically mentioned Heresy and Cornwall and I assume he is considering either the original series or series II.   I don't see any comment to Klipschorns or LaScallas. With that said, the RF-7's will have a wider frequency range.  They will play lower than either of those models and have a frequency range that extends beyond 20hz.  The RF-7's also have a much smoother response curve than the those models.  As those Heritage models roll off a fair amount beyond 12 khz.  The RF-7's will handle more power and therefore can play louder before breaking up.

Now which will be more pleasing to the ears? That's a personal preference and a lot depends on the application and on the room.  I personally like the Heritage line and own a system based on Forte II's and have had the opportunity to move to an RF-7 based setup and I elected not to.  

Remember CD measurements are head and shoulders better than vinyl in every regard, but most will agree that vinyl is more pleasurable when compared to standard redbox CD.

I own a set of khorns with a Belle center. I have never owned Cornwalls, but since I love my speakers, I would certainly be biased toward the Heritage line. That is simply my personal taste though. I won't be listening to your speakers. If I were you, I would listen to them before deciding. If you can find a Klipsch dealer and listen to different models, I think you are better off.

Bryant