What do you think about these CD Changers?

Orange Peel

Q-Man said: "When I want to hear more a little more quality then I put a dick in my DVD player."

Ouch. That's a dedicated audiophile!!

Scott: I got a 300 disc changer for growth. I only have about 125 CDs in it now, but I didn't want to blow out the top.

Doug

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by dougdrake on 08-09-2002 at 02:06 PM

I wonder what that dick does to the oversampling?

------------------

2 Channel System:

Klipsch Epic CF-2s

McIntosh C-15 Preamplifier

Adcom GFA 5500 Amplifier

Music Hall MMF-5 Table

Adcom GCD 700 CD

Adcom ACE-515 AC Enhancer

Transparent Audio Cabless>

I don't worry about it. In one of my rigs I run a Sony changer directly into a Fisher SA-100 and the Fisher drives a pair of Altec 605s. The rig sounds great, better than any Klipsch rig out there regardless of the CD player used. :-) When CDs first came out I predicted that audiophiles would try to complicate it; want "seperates" and such and create themselves a market for boutique CD players. I've heard great rigs that used Walkman type CD players as a source, great rigs indeed.

www.chicagohornspeakerclub.org

My wife walked into the room while I was reading Dougs post. She slapped me in the back of my head while saying. "You put a dick in your DVD player!" "What do you guys talk about?" I had to scroll up and show her my mistake.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

Q - Glad you laughed about it. I did only intend a bit of humor, and heaven knows I've made my share of typos on this board (not to mention just stupid comments, which you haven't been guilty of). I appreciate you allowing us to chuckle at your expense, and I hope I didn't offend your wife.

Seems lately everyone's getting so darn sensitive and cynical. Where is the love?

Doug

------------------

My System

Wow, thanks for the feedback Jim, I won't be getting that one for sure! The only reason I wanted the HK was because I have a HK receiver and I really like how the HK looks, digital display, etc. But I'm REALLY leaning towards the Pioneer Elite model I linked in the first post. I hope you got a refund for the HK unit. Thanks again!

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:

Harman Kardon AVR-125

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609

Sony DVD DVP-S530D

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch RC-3

Polk Audio PSW650 sub