Is this a good deal?

The History Kid

Since I trust everyone here for the most part, I figured I'd post and ask if $355 is a reasonable asking for an RSW-10?  I tracked one down at that rate, shipped from Indiana and was curious...

If so, I'm considering getting it and swapping out my Polk finally.  Is it at a price point that if for some stupid reason it doesn't work out how I'd like, I'd be able to get that amount back out of it?

I'm open to advice and opinions. :)

Edited by IbizaFlame

AH yeah, I saw that one too.

It's like I was telling Mark, I'd love a 12 or a 15, but it's they aren't a realistic thought for me right now.  Too much expense.  Even at their weakest, the RSW line should be able to outperform my Polk 660 with ease - despite the Polk having a 12" driver instead of a 10".  At least, that's been my understanding from reading here.  That's also if I recall correctly.

This will also be the first time I've used a configuration other than bass reflex.  I haven't dealt with speakers with passive radiators before, so some double blind testing will be the determining test for them to overcome.  I don't doubt the results though.  I spent a good amount of time sitting and doing spec comparisons.  There are strengths of both, but the telling matter seems to be the BASH amp.  Not to downplay the Polk - it's done a fantastic job, and it seems to blend seamlessly with the rest of the system, but these are what I think of when I think of a reference sub.  Not even the R-115SW...I think of the RSW - those are THE reference subs in my opinion.

That being said, I'm not diminishing the new reference subs, it's just they don't come to the front of my mind when I think of a reference sub. :)

The 10 packs a lot of punch for a smaller sub. Like K5SS mentioned, had space at the time not been an issue I would have kept it for a computer sub as well, but I was given a RSW-15 from my bro-in-law who found one in a storage locker he bid on and won and something needed to go or the wifey mighta had words with me  :o

• Like 1

The 10 packs a lot of punch for a smaller sub. Like K5SS mentioned, had space at the time not been an issue I would have kept it for a computer sub as well, but I was given a RSW-15 from my bro-in-law who found one in a storage locker he bid on and won and something needed to go or the wifey mighta had words with me  :o

That's what I'm betting on.  I'm totally stoked, because I wasn't expecting to find any of this line available in that price range.  11 years comin' full circle!

Ah the wife.  That poor girl - whomever she may be - that I will meet someday has no idea what she's in for. :lol:

Michael, my friend, as "they" say, happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.  So, you have this wonderful sub on its way.  As we sang this morning, " . . . rejoice, and be glad in it."

Forget all the spec sheet comparisons, wondering if you have done all the right things, and uncertainty.  Looking backward.  Look ahead.  Simply configure, and spend your time being delighted!

Your friend, Jim.

I have been enjoying my RSW-10(d) since the fall of 2008 with never any issues of any kind.  I have used it as a single sub with my RF-63 system in a 5500 ft3 room(not enough oooomph for high impact HT) to enhancing a Heresy 2-channel rig in my 13 x 13 bedroom to augmenting my main HT/music rig with four other subs to it's current duties with my RB-75's in my living room.

I love this sub, period. :wub:

Enjoy your new toy.

Bill

• Like 2

Thanks for that Bill.

The RSW-10 is the only RSW sub I've ever heard actually - and it was along side the very same RF-3 II towers I have now.  I remember how excited I was at the thought of having a system like that, so yes...this is definitely one of those deals that's even bringing me some nostalgia. It'll also be nice to have nothing but copper and black.  Something about those colors just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Definitely gonna have to post pics and am super excited.  I'm really hoping the guy ships today - as it'd mean I would get a chance to play with it before I go to work on Wednesday.

It's the Black veneer, which works well for me since everything else in this room except the Wii is black.  Well, and the Cherry RB-3's...but they're special. lol 

This guy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111611894926?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by IbizaFlame

Fry's just had an Reference-12 sub brand new as a special buy on Friday for $229.  The Reference -10 is only $349 and ships free. Today they are offering the Sub 12 for $199 and free shipping. Might want to shop around.

Based on what I've read, heard and seen...I don't think either one of those would exactly outperform the RSW-10.  Actually I think the Sub series just sounds plain bad.  I can't speak on the R-112SW, as I've never heard it.  Not really interested in the new subs though.