Is this a good deal?

The History Kid

The RSW line is revered by many.  Actually a look around the rest of the forum, many tend to prefer the sound and power of the RSW and RT series well over anything Klipsch has put forth since.  Those subs are a force to be reckoned with, I'm just still kind of flabbergasted that I found one I could afford.

I did get to hear both the 5's and 7's yes.  I loved them both.  Actually I was an hour too late to get the 5's instead of the 3 II's.  The 5's I heard were purchased just before I got to the store.  The 7's were just simply too far away to be afforded.  If I ever do get RF-7's...I'd probably prefer the Generation I's and they'd have to be cherry. :)

It's all good teaman.  But yeah, I'm just inclined to go off of what I remember hearing and what people say.  They love these units.  I have considered an SW-8 or 10 for school though, and should that sub be around still when I recoup my costs, I might buy it for that.

I have considered an SW-8 or 10 for school though, and should that sub be around still when I recoup my costs, I might buy it for that.

If you see a XW-300d or 500d try that one for school. Great little thumpers. Great for music and does decent work for HT. Fantastic little sub I had matched with H II's until I bought a RT-10d, then found a cheap RSW-15 I use now for 2 ch and HT.
  • Like 1

If you see a XW-300d try that one for school. Great little thumpers.

He's right on that.

Marshall(groomlakearea51) owned one in his "Wall of Voodoo" and let me tell you, it sounded wonderful between a pair of Khorns with Heresy II's on top and a Belle center.  I think that was what he had(has). :unsure: 

Bill 

• Like 1

The Icon X line has always been undervalued. Mainly because Klipsch released the Icon line at Best Buy a few years after the Icon X and Icon W lines, and everybody thinks they are related. However the Icon X and Icon W lines are far superior quality. From a retail standpoint when Klipsch released the lines, The RF-7 was most expensive, then Icon X, Icon W, then the RF-82. Not that retail is everything, but considering the prices you can secure the Icon X and Icon W lines now versus what Klipsch valued them at is a pretty good indicator. 

That's what I've been hearing, I haven't had the pleasure of listening to any of the Icon W or X gear.  However, it seems highly sought after and regarded - I've noticed the WS and XB speakers going for quite the pretty penny lately.

If you see a XW-300d try that one for school. Great little thumpers.

He's right on that.

Marshall(groomlakearea51) owned one in his "Wall of Voodoo" and let me tell you, it sounded wonderful between a pair of Khorns with Heresy II's on top and a Belle center.  I think that was what he had(has). :unsure:

Bill 

That's the one I had. I bought it off him. Regret selling it with a bedroom set up now!

• Like 1

Thursday and Friday are shaping up to be eventful days for me.  The RSW-10 should arrive Thursday, and I've ordered some new interconnects which should get here Friday.

I'm of Sunday and I'm hoping Monday...the weather's set to be fine, and I'll have a new toy.  Some awesome days ahead.

I'm staying vigilant on the XW-300D, The size and price point is exactly what I'm looking for.  Any thoughts on the SW-308 btw?  Is it similar in sound, or is there no comparison?

Arrived today.  That's a lot of power for a little box.

Only have time to do a preliminary test against the 660 before work, but it seems to be easily filling its shoes.  It's more rich sounding, less boomy.  The bass seems a bit smoother - it doesn't totally shoot out the bottom end.  I'm liking that a lot.

The only issue I've detected so far is the low pass cutoff switch seems to be touchy.  I plan on leaving this in the off position, but if I notice some unexplained cut outs - that might have to be examined.  Pics will also follow tonight.

Edited by IbizaFlame

Well, I gotta say the only thing that bums me is the sticker. :lol:

It's the only one that's not running z-series inside, nor is it the only one I've got without the brown colored stickers.  Purdy as can be though...

post-58712-0-13220000-1426216532_thumb.jpost-58712-0-32820000-1426216546_thumb.jpost-58712-0-17500000-1426216554_thumb.jpost-58712-0-58180000-1426216563_thumb.j

• Like 1