I have the old RF-35 series. What would be the logical step up in Klipsch speakers for me?

dewthedru

So...I am starting to consider possibly upgrading my HT speakers.  I have the full compliment of -35's...fronts, center, and surrounds.  If I wanted to move up to something bigger, what should I be looking at.  Not looking for top of the line or the very newest technology.  Just want a noticeable difference.  The ability to keep the surrounds I have would be a plus but not necessary.

Ability to drive them isn't a factor because either my receiver (Denon X4000) could handle it or I'd invest in an amp.

I'd probably try to buy used but would look for good deals on new in the usual places.

Any thoughts?  Oh...please keep this quiet.  If my wife saw this thread I'd be...well, it wouldn't be good.  Haha.

I have the full compliment of -35's...fronts, center, and surrounds.  If I wanted to move up to something bigger, what should I be looking at.  Not looking for top of the line or the very newest technology.  Just want a noticeable difference.

If you are sticking with Reference, the mentioned, RF-7/RC-7 combo as well as RF-83/RC-64 or RF-63/RC-64 combos will give you a noticeable improvement. 

The ability to keep the surrounds I have would be a plus but not necessary.

I run RS-35's as surrounds with my RF-63/RC-64 combo and I feel they mate up just fine.

Where do you reside?

Bill

• Like 1

I have the full compliment of -35's...fronts, center, and surrounds.  If I wanted to move up to something bigger, what should I be looking at.  Not looking for top of the line or the very newest technology.  Just want a noticeable difference.

If you are sticking with Reference, the mentioned, RF-7/RC-7 combo as well as RF-83/RC-64 or RF-63/RC-64 combos will give you a noticeable improvement. 

The ability to keep the surrounds I have would be a plus but not necessary.

I run RS-35's as surrounds with my RF-63/RC-64 combo and I feel they mate up just fine.

Where do you reside?

Bill

I live just outside Indy

one more question..would the -35 surrounds work ok with the RF-7 since they're both Reference series?  

I used them for a while with my front 7's.  They didn't have that "big" sound like the rest of the 7's so I had to upgrade.

I used them for a while with my front 7's.  They didn't have that "big" sound like the rest of the 7's so I had to upgrade.

With the 7's, I would agree.  

With the 63's, pretty good match.

I have my RS-35's mounted and sitting on shelves.  Besides being decorative, the shelves add a bit of "bigness" with horizontal boundary gain as well as the vertical boundary gain from the walls.

Bill 

post-24680-0-54020000-1426620546_thumb.j

Edited by willland

I agree with Youthman .....  If you want to stick to reference go to RF 83 or RF 7 for front. 

If you go with RF 83 use RC 64 center.  If you go RF 7 in my opinion you are better off going with RC 7 center. You could always get larger surrounds RS 62 or move the RF 35's to the rear. My main system is a mix.  I love my Chorus II's for music...... So I bought an Academy for center...... Just didn't want to put them in storage 

Edited by oldred