(Price Drop)Pair of mint(1974) consecutive# K-Horns - 2500.00. Mahogany. (SOLD)

clark250

I thought FR was for fir (raw?).  Maybe I am wrong?

FL Fir Lacquer  Rare

FO Fir Oiled Rare
FB Fir Black Lacquer Late Models Only
F Fir Firzite Rare - Marine Grade
MHL Mahogany Lacquer Rare Spec Order
MHO Mahogany Oiled Rare Spec Order
MHR Mahogany Raw Rare Spec Order

• Like 1

You guys are tough,and that's good.You obviously know more about these than I do. They very well could have been born birch and stained,whoever did it,did a fantastic job.I've done nothing except upgrade/update x-overs. What are you referring to by trim? I'm assuming your collar reference is,what I call the riser-setback on the top section.That doesn't appear to be any kind of an add-on. Too well done.We have same serial numbers stamped on top section as on bottom. The new ones probably aren't made anywhere near as good as these 41 year old guys. Specifically where do you need better pictures. I'll see if I can edit post. Thanks for the input.

KC-FR equates to Klipschorn "C-Style" with Fir veneer in a Raw finish (unfinished) as it left the factory.  Somewhere along the line, someone applied a finish and added the riser that goes between the top and bottom sections to make it look like a "B-style" Klipschorn.  However, one other feature of the "B-style" cabinets is that edge banding veneer is used to cover up the "plies" of the plywood on the edges and I can't tell from the photos if that was also done here.

All Klipschorns, new and old, are made very well.  It's the copies that you have to be leery of.

Edited by JMON