Has anyone here experienced Exploding...

T2K

As a mechanic, I would narrow this down as something that happened somewhere between the ear drum nerves and the hearing center of the brain. It could also be some kind of electrical discharge near the hearing center of the brain. To me, it sounds like the hearing nerve is hyper-stimulated by something. 

Happens more to women than men. Women talk and listen more than men. Men are more visual. However, a man who listens critically to music a lot may be over-winding the hearing rubber band. If it snaps, instead of gradually winding down, then there's gonna be some electrical turmoil that manifests itself as a loud noise.

There. I figured it all out.   :)

I'm glad all this turned out OK Keith. I've had stuff like this happen to me, but I always just thought it was a bone popping in my ear. As I recall, it was after loud listening at concerts and such.

Interesting posts to read. I had "anesthesia awareness" during a surgery years ago. I remembered voices, a buzzing sound like a barber's clippers, and the smell of burnt flesh. My surgeon believed me after I told him, he used a cautery device that made a loud buzzing noise. I also remembered someone laughing, it turned out to be a nurse laughing at one of his jokes. It still bothers me and I'm afraid to go under anesthesia/sedation ever again. 

It still bothers me and I'm afraid to go under anesthesia/sedation ever again. 
Understandable; but, your option isn’t very pleasant.  I suspect a surgery without anesthesia would be slightly uncomfortable.  A guy down the street got cavities filled without novacane--i think that’s nuts. 

It still bothers me and I'm afraid to go under anesthesia/sedation ever again. 
Understandable; but, your option isn’t very pleasant.  I suspect a surgery without anesthesia would be slightly uncomfortable.  A guy down the street got cavities filled without novacane--i think that’s nuts. 

That's beyond nuts. 

JJK

What's wrong with you people! Why are you debating the subject and not the cause.

Keith, what's up man?  Heart attack. why are you tossing that off .  Are you OK?  I presume so  since you are posting. Gotta presume you are trying to get get your head around something more than the subject matter, aka mortality and all that stuff.

Are you out of the hospital, back home etc.

Hope you are doing as well as can be expected and the prognosis is excellent.

Marty

What's wrong with you people! Why are you debating the subject and not the cause.

Keith, what's up man?  Heart attack. why are you tossing that off .  Are you OK?  I presume so  since you are posting. Gotta presume you are trying to get get your head around something more than the subject matter, aka mortality and all that stuff.

Are you out of the hospital, back home etc.

Hope you are doing as well as can be expected and the prognosis is excellent.

Marty

Thanks for your thoughts Marty. Well, I've pretty much decided that none of us will get out of here alive. It's a personal thing I guess but the thought of my leaving this earth doesn't really bother me as much as leaving my wife here alone. But I've done pretty much all that I can do for her. We should all be more thankful for and celebrate every day we have here.

I had a triple bypass September 11, 2014 and at that time I had another artery with 50% blockage but they couldn't bypass or stint it with less than 80% blockage. So that friggin' artery caused this latest problem. The bypass deal was a cakewalk, but the heart attack was a contender. Because of family history I've taken medications for years but they were no match for heredity apparently.

I have always been interested in medicine so my experience that I posted about got me curious. While I was laid up in the honeymoon suite in the CICU something on the 9" widescreen ULD TV caught my attention. It was about EHS. I thought heck, that sounds something like I experienced 2 days before. Damn, it was strange. So I thought I would apply to the brain trust here.

I'm at home now but feel pretty crappy. Thanks for your concern.

Keith

Keep in mind Thebes head has already exploded.

I had a working script typed out about the subterranean room with dozens of us EHS patients with monitors on our shoulders being controlled by young blonde ...

I decided not to post it here, I'm going to send it to Thebes for editing before publication.

Keith

Cheez Keith, I'm sorry to hear of your medical condition and hope you make a speedy recovery,  as best as you can, given the blockage. I hear your thoughts about mortality, wish I could argue with you about it, but I can't.  I  do applaud your priorities and obvious love for your wife.

Now my head has never exploded, but I did land on it once after a one story fall. Needles to say, landing on my head resulting in no discernible damage given the fact that my brain is hosted elsewhere on my person.

Now about this nurse.  Her name wouldn't happen to be Trixie?  She likes to wear a traditional nurse uniform, even though  the heavy starch makes her pointers stand straight out, contrasting nicely with her pouty lips.  She has this way of ending up with one of the seams on her white stockings getting crooked, which tends to draw the eye to her world class gams. This effect alone has been known to result in full recovery of otherwise comatose patients.

Would that be the one?

I'm not sure Marty but that sure sounds like Trixie. I couldn't see her name tag because it was more to the side of her white starched blouse, forced in that position because of her voluptuous breasts. One night she came in to check an IV drip above my bed. As the head of my bed was raised high she had to lean way over me to reach the bag. I thought I might suffocate, my face being crushed by her bountiful bosom, but I tolerated the facial discomfort for the 10 or 15 minutes that it took her to complete the task.

I did notice the white stockings under her already short white nurses skirt. She came into my room about 2AM one night and asked if I needed anything. I asked her if she could lower the head of my bed. The room I was in had an old bed with the hand crank on the footboard. As she turned the handle the head of the bed slowly rose higher and higher. I said 'crank it the other way'. She walked over to the side of the bed and slipped off her white high-heels and put her right knee beside me on the bed and kicked her left leg across me and leaned over the footboard and began to crank the handle. After a few seconds a song popped into my head, The Whispers-Rock Steady. I didn't notice the seams on her stockings but I did notice that she was a true blond.

After getting repositioned the nurse asked if my bed adjustment helped and I assured her that I did notice a sensation of improved circulation to certain parts of my body. I was released later that morning against my heated disagreement.

Does that sound like her?

Keith

That's here That's her!

The one and only Trixie. Yo are fortunate to be under here care.  Recovery or a happy demise are certain.

She always was the best with a crank.

Say have you met her twin sister, Dixie Cup?  Talk about the south rising again.