Hi ,y name is derrick tate rick tate son

mrdltate

Anytime there is a auto accident and people get hurt it's always serious, but when little children get hurt it feels like a kick in the gut. I can't imagine what Derrick is going through, I guess knowing they will be okay is a blessing. That car sure took a hit.

• Like 1

Anytime there is a auto accident and people get hurt it's always serious, but when little children get hurt it feels like a kick in the gut. I can't imagine what Derrick is going through, I guess knowing they will be okay is a blessing. That car sure took a hit.

the car is a total loss -

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just horrible. What state are they in, does anybody know? I am happy to help him out on any way I can.

It would most likely be uninsured motorist coverage of other side doesn't have insurance. But UM is fault based, you have to prove other side is at fault, and the percentage varies by state in order to recover. Some it is 50, others 51, others it can be any amount.

The main thing he needs is a good lawyer in that area and I can certainly help him with that.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The report has the girlfriend at fault (I believe she is in the white Rodeo) for failure to yield, but of course the report is not controlling.

The report lists both vehicles as being insured, of course this can be incorrect and based on an outdated proof of insurance card at the scene.

Edit: Yes I had the cars reversed. Was sort of frantic last night trying to piece everything together. I don't think any further discussion about the facts serves any further purpose, I have messaged you both so that if either of you has any questions I can answer them privately.

Edited by dwilawyer

Hi my name is derrick tate me and my girl friend were heading home wednesday night I was in a different vehicle in front of them we pulled up to a stop sign at k and 2 hwy the speed limit is 55 I pulled out and went left they followed behind me after making a complete stop she pulled out into the intersection and made it to her lane when a car side swiped them and caught the rear door at 70 -80 mph  they didn't brake. all 3 of them were hospitalized my son was on the side that got hit both my kids got life flighted. my girlfriend is in bad shape. and to find out the other people don't have insurance.

how about the insurance coverage of your car - are you insured and will your insurance pick up any of the costs -

I am insured but it wont cover my car and not all the medical bill and me missing work

Thanks for the info DWILAWYER  the rodeo hit derricks car and I'm not sure what  derricks g/f has in the way of insurance . Derricks car is the Malibu in the picture. The rodeo according to Derricks insurance company does not have insurance . I looked into the other car it has beer bottles all over it . But thanks for all the wishes and help everyone he still not sleeping good he saw it all happen.   Rick

• Moderators

Hi my name is derrick tate me and my girl friend were heading home wednesday night I was in a different vehicle in front of them we pulled up to a stop sign at k and 2 hwy the speed limit is 55 I pulled out and went left they followed behind me after making a complete stop she pulled out into the intersection and made it to her lane when a car side swiped them and caught the rear door at 70 -80 mph  they didn't brake. all 3 of them were hospitalized my son was on the side that got hit both my kids got life flighted. my girlfriend is in bad shape. and to find out the other people don't have insurance.

how about the insurance coverage of your car - are you insured and will your insurance pick up any of the costs -

I am insured but it wont cover my car and not all the medical bill and me missing work

Ok I sent you a pm with my email so we can talk more if you want and answer any questions.

TRAVIS