Avengers 2, Age of Ultron

wvu80

(no spoilers)

I saw it today, the first day it was out, in 3-D.  It was excellent, at least as good as the first Avengers movie.

I'm not sure if the 3-D was worth it.  It was kinda cool, but you really forget about it after a while and the novelty wears off.  I went with my son and at 330pm on a Friday there were about 20 people in the theater, but they had 3 theaters running the same movie at nearly the same time.

My theater Regal Cinema had crappy audio.  It sounded almost like the tweeters were blown, no highs. mid bass was easily traced to the speaker, bass was boomy at times.  I believe the audio track with LFE is pretty good, as there were a lot of explosions.  This is probably the best explosion movie I have ever heard.

Plot (no spoilers).  I am a Marvel comics fan, and the characters for the most part all have re-imagined back stories, so whatever you think you know, you don't.  There were lots of plot twists I never saw coming, and relationships (love interests) between characters that did not occur in the comics.

There were plenty of great CGI action scenes.  There were some tender moments involving Hulk, and I think Marvel does a good job with not making the movie Hulk the exact same personality as the comic book Hulk.  It was interesting and well done.

If you are a male, you might notice Scarlet Johansson.  I never really liked the Black Widow character in the comics, but she is given a much larger and more interesting role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and she really defines and sells the role superbly.  And, she is better-than-average-looking, for a girl.  :wub:

I have to mention the Vision.  He is BY FAR the best new character of the four they introduced.  He looked exactly as the Vision in the comics, and the actor was great in the role.  His back story was completely re-written (as was Ultron's) but it all worked.

The plot moved along at a good pace most of the time.  There were some great moments and great surprises.  Some of the dialog was funny but a bit out of place in times, so I give the movie a solid 4.5 stars.  :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

My son's birthday, every year for the last few years they have had a Marvel movie come out around this time.  Last year and this year we have missed, but will try to make it to see it in the theaters in the next couple of weeks.  Glad to hear from a Marvel fan it was good movie, I am looking forward to seeing it.

My theater Regal Cinema had crappy audio.  It sounded almost like the tweeters were blown, no highs. mid bass was easily traced to the speaker, bass was boomy at times.  I believe the audio track with LFE is pretty good, as there were a lot of explosions.  This is probably the best explosion movie I have ever heard.

Last movie I saw in the theaters was Star Tek Into Darkness and the sound was so bad it made me mad. I may break down and see this though, not sure I can wait until Dec. to see this in my basement. Thanks for the review!

This one I have to see also.  I am an old Marvel Comic fan.

Then you will love the Stan Lee cameo.  When it hit, you had to be a fan of the old Stan's Soapbox to get it, so I was the only one in the theater who laughed.  :lol:  It will become an absolute classic.

I think I should get a No-prize for that one.  :D

Edited by wvu80