Style points and degree of difficulty

Travis In Austin

• Administrators
Didn't someone here say there are only 3 simple rules?

Yes, although we are in the process of modifying/expanding the Terms of Service. A sneak peak is available here:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Still being tweaked by Klipsch counsel, so, as it states - SUBJECT TO CHANGE. The same 3 rules still apply in this expanded form though.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I also have been looking at some of the older threads. What I find disconcerting is the number of members that complained about the rude behavior and are now gone. Members with 1500 plus posts. Old, familiar faces that just got fed up with all of the BS.

I feel comfortable speaking for all the moderators when I say "Anytime we lose a member it is a great loss". This is always our first thought when moderating.

It just amazes me how some people think "bending the rules" is ok. Just because you bend something and it doesn't break does not mean there is no harm.

I'm hoping this thread can remain and not deteriorate to the point it has to be locked and removed. There is considerable insight to be gained from a thread like this.

• Moderators

From my Post No. 12 in this thread:

"These have nothing to do with current Admin or Mods, it is about seeing this all before.

I think it is good to look at history. As Chad and others have mentioned, this stuff is cyclical, There is nothing really new here in my opinion, it is just the cycle we are in."

That of course is just my opinion, I may be totally off base on that. If I am, someone just say so, and I will move on to something else. I have a pretty good memory and with this great search function on this Forum it is pretty easy to find these old threads. I believe it is important to look at history here for several reasons.

First, it makes people realize that what you post is there forever, especially if someone quotes you. People can try to claim they take the high road, or whatever, but there is a paper trail, so to speak, of what you say in here, and how you say it. Anyone can go in and look to see if you are a pot stirrer, resort to personal attacks, bait threads with politics, provide help, advice, comfort, or whatever. Boxx's Family can, and did, go in and see how he interacted with people. I feel confident they had many happy and proud moments going back and reading his posts. He left a proud legacy, just as Old Buckster did.

I think it also helps moderators and posters alike to see what has worked in the past, and what maybe hasn't worked.

None of what has happened in the last couple of weeks hasn't happened on this Forum before. Threads being locked, people resigning, members being banned, moderators being tested, posters deleting their old content,etc. It has ALL happened before.

I have already posted an example in this thread where people had hurt feelings because threads were deleted and they were not the offenders but had spent "valuable time" responding/providing content. They even so far as to put what their time was worth per hour. That is the potential downside of letting a potentially political thread to even get out of the starting gate: people think that because their time is valuable it somehow makes their content valuable. It doesn't, it's just your opinion and unless that is your job in the media, it is worth nothing, except what joy and satisfaction it brings to you, as the POSTER. It should bring someone joy and satisfaction by helping ithers out.

Unfortunately, the history of this Forum, as is true everywhere, reveals that some people get joy and pleasure by name calling, humiliating, and personal attacks. Fortunately, the history of this Forum makes clear that it doesn't go unnoticed and they are an endangered species here.

I don't know if anyone gets the same benefit that I have in looking back. If not, say so and I will move on. If they are helpful, I can post one from time to time that is a close repeat if what is happening currently in the Forum. Like I said, I have a good memory so it makes it easy to go back and look stuff up. I have at least 20 more moderator examples "in the can."

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today.

Travis

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Didn't someone here say there are only 3 simple rules?

Yes, although we are in the process of modifying/expanding the Terms of Service. A sneak peak is available here:  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Still being tweaked by Klipsch counsel, so, as it states - SUBJECT TO CHANGE. The same 3 rules still apply in this expanded form though.

Oh no,

I know what a lawyer can do to "3 simple rules."