Tedeschi Trucks Review

jimjimbo

Attended the Tedeschi-Trucks Band concert last night in Kalamazoo, MI. The State Theater downtown is really beautiful, an architectural gem with great seating and much better than average acoustics.  The place was packed with a terrific, very enthusiastic crowd, a really fun atmosphere.  The show was opened by Matt Anderson, a bear of a man with a great soulful voice and outstanding acoustic guitar skills.  Most of the material he performed was his own, and they were deep soulful blues songs that he sang with abandon.  I will be checking him out on line today.

Susan and Derek came out and immediately rocked the house with a bigger band than I expected.  Two drummers with full sets on risers in the back, 3 horns, 2 backup singers, keyboard, bass, and the headliners.  Susan's voice is as great as ever and she was very energetic and obviously very happy to be playing and touring.  Derek was his usual laid back self, played his signature slide on most of the selections, but seemed to take a while to really warm up.  The last 4 tunes he was really on fire.  Overall, it was a superb show, and I wouldn't hesitate to see them again.

post-12530-0-84420000-1431609209_thumb.j

post-12530-0-53020000-1431609220_thumb.j

post-12530-0-57340000-1431609232_thumb.j

post-12530-0-07980000-1431609248_thumb.j

post-12530-0-05740000-1431609262_thumb.j

• Moderators

Sounds like a good show, you have to love seeing bands play in small venues, sure beats arenas. Man he sure grew up, he use to look like a teen playing on stage with gov't Mule.