WTB: Heresy II or III (Indianapolis)

hopcam

I would look for a Forte or Forte II, about the same footprint (~1" wider, ~1" shallower), but they have a lot more bass to them.

Also, in the Chicago area they are about the same price as a pair of Heresy I/II.  They are a lot cheaper than Heresy III.

I think Colter has a pair, maybe he will let you have a listen.

Edited by opusk2k9
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I would look for a Forte or Forte II, about the same footprint (~1" wider, ~1" shallower), but they have a lot more bass to them.

Also, in the Chicago area they are about the same price as a pair of Heresy I/II.  They are a lot cheaper than Heresy III.

Hmmm....I'm not sure if Colter has Fortes or Forte IIs...I'll have to ask him next time I talk to him!   For some reason....I'm thinking he doesn't....but yes, he does have quite a vast collection....should be called the "Klipsch Zone"!  LOL

• Like 1

I agree 100% with Opus's advice.  Forte II INMHO has a better midrange with the tractrix horn.  I have owned mine for close to 25 years.  Allows for a wider soundstage, and less off axis listening.  Unless you have a subwoofer in the equation, you will probably be disappointed in the lack of bass with any Heresy version.  I am not a bass head by any means.  Ray Delguado, excuse spelling of Rays last name if I butcherd; was the head engineer on the extended Heritage line that the Quartet, Forte, and Chorus line fall into.  Ray is one very respected engineer.

You owe yourself a listen to the forte II and chorus II versions before pulling the trigger on the Heresy.  If nothing else it will only validate your decision to purchase the Heresy.

Best regards,

John

• Like 1

I have a VERY nice pair of Quartets that I may consider letting go off. I'm a little north of Marion. I'm at work right now and can't upload pics but they can be seen in this thread at AK. I still have the black grills but they currently have linen grills on them that look very nice IMHO.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=633705

Hey, why you guys so down on Heresy's(HII's or HIII's)? :o  ;)  :D

Now don't get me wrong, I loved my fortes and two pairs of Quartets but I kept my HI's and HII's.  Why did I make that decision, because in there prospective rooms they sound awesome with plenty of tight and punchy "accurate" bass.  Not the lowest of lows but in the "right" room with ideal placement, you can get some lower extension with boundary gain.

With all that said, HI's, HII's, Quartets, and forte II's would all be awesome choices in a similar price range with similar footprints.

Bill

Edited by willland

• Moderators

Hmmm...I'm not down on anything Klipsch.  We have three pair of Forte IIs doing surround sound duty for our home theater( our first pair did 2 channel duty for a while).   A pair of Cornwall IIIs in our master bedroom.   A pair of Heresy IIs in my grandson's bedroom.  A pair of RB 75s in my daughters bedroom, a pair of Heresys in our tiki bar.  In ceiling Klipsch speakers in my home based work studio.......and my favorite, double MWM bass bins in each corner of our living room topped with 402s for 2 channel......so, I love them all!  I will say for the dollar,the Forte IIs are probably the best value of them all for the sound!  If you are on a limited budget I would seriously consider them....same footprint as a Heresy!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hmmm...I'm not down on anything Klipsch.

I know, I just wanted to stick up for the "lowly" Heresy. :)

Bill 

Actually, the tiki bar is probably our favorite hangout....yep, powered by those lowly Heresies!!!! :cool:

• Like 1

Thank you for all of the info. Some info that I should probably provide (probably should have been in a different forum) my listening room is 16x17. I have 2 receivers that could power these speakers, a Pioneer SX-880 and a Pioneer SX-980.

MWells those are beautiful quartets..

I have a bunch of vintage Pioneer receivers, and I can tell you from lots of experience that they will lend some low end to the Heresy's that other amps might not.  Also will depend on the music you listen to most, and the speaker that will suit that genre.

Ya know I love my little Hersey's......they live right next to there big brothers....ChorusII's....

When someone new comes to the house....it doesn't take them long to say something like "dude what's up with all the speakers"

So I tell them it's what I do....so I ask them if they want to listen to them.....most of the time it's hell yea....

I tell them alittle about the speakers and amps, I'll ask them what kind of music they like so they can enjoy the music.

I will start of with those little Hersey's.....most of the time there eyes will pop open....cuz they can't belive all that sound is coming out of those speakers.

Then we might jump into the LaScala's with a sub or two......then there hooked.....after that I might say are you ready for the BIG sounds......they look at me like....are you for real.......

The ChorusII's are called upon powerd by big Carver TFM55x and some other subs might be powerd up....After the jams they say I have never heard and felt music like that.....

But it all starts with those little Hersey's......they are a great little speaker for sure.....

Now go get ya some Klipsch.....lol lol

MKP :-)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thank you for all of the info. Some info that I should probably provide (probably should have been in a different forum) my listening room is 16x17. I have 2 receivers that could power these speakers, a Pioneer SX-880 and a Pioneer SX-980.

MWells those are beautiful quartets..

While Heresies would work....I think there are some other Klipsch speakers out there that would "fill that room"!!!!!