Scam Compensation

DizRotus

It's about time there's compensation for online scams.  I received this email to my business email.

Ahoueke [info@ciprianiabbigliamento.it]
clear1x1.gifclear1x1.gifclear1x1.gif

Actionsclear1x1.gif

Sunday, May 31, 2015 8:58 AM

clear1x1.gif   clear1x1.gif clear1x1.gif
DHL DELIVERY NOTIFICATION
Your ATM card VISA has been registered this morning for delivery
the total amount of $1,500,000us dollar in accordance with the Organization
of the United Nations ONLINE SCAM COMPENSATION SCHEME 2015
All you have to do now is to give the Corporation your complete information
for  the swift and safe delivery of the package for you.

Full name
 Mobile phone number
 Occupation
 Current home address
 Nearest airport

DHL Express ®Courier Company.
Mr. Joseph King {Head Dispatch Officer}
Regards
Mr.Elias Ahoueke

Unfortuantely, after this great news, I'll not have time for the peasants on this forum.

But seriously, does anyone fall for such nonsense?

• Like 1

Dang, can I borrow a couple hundred thousand so I wont have to be a peasant? The saddest thing about all of these scams is......... if it didnt work they wouldnt do it. Hard to believe people fall for that. Same thing with Tele Marketers. If people wouldnt buy, the phone calls would cease.

• Moderators

Unfortunately it is frequently lonely elderly people who get caught up in these scams. It happens all the time.

They fall for the one about being a secret shopper and the craigslist international money order scam.

These are both old scams that can now be done anonymously instead if face to face.

I actually was really approached by guys in a white van selling speakers about 30 years ago.

Travis

I remember about 25 years ago the White Van showed up on our construction job site. Just so happened to be around quitting time and one of the guys on my crew took the bait. I didnt know it was a scam at the time and evidently he didnt either. He had to go to ATM machine to get the money, so we followed him to store (so we could get a cold beer, you could do that back then and drive). I think he paid around $800.00 for a pair of tower speakers. I remember being envious that I couldnt afford such a great deal and I always remembered that deal cuz I wanted it too dammit! It was years later that I learned it was a scam and thankful I didnt bite. Oh yeah, that is a lot of money these days but back then it was A LOT of money to me. I guess raising kids does have a bright side!! LOL. Thats what kept me from being sucked in!

Unbelievable they can still pull that scam off especially with the internet now days. Werent such a thing back then.