A1UC - Harbeth HL5

richieb

Point is I paid for a speaker no damage thanks for the replies but Im not into damaged items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well then. If he will accept them back, I guess shipping will be on you. Too bad they weren't actually damaged in shipping, you could probably get ALL your money back.

Shakey

BTW, how do they sound?

Edited by Shakeydeal

I have not even hooked them up , my main pc crashed last night so I have been busy all day , I just got down with it and had to print some shipping labels. I will now be going to hook them up . 

Shakeydeal  didn't mean to sound short earlier I was using my phone to answer and was already not in a good mood . I will do some quick listening and post later

Although at this point cosmetic damage only, it appears some fairly serious dings, scratches. A speaker of such high pedigree and superior finish deserves better than that. I couldn't look at them each day I listen; I would focus more on the damage than the experience. But admittitly I am anal as hell. I would send them back. The next buyer will want you to give them away. i would imagine Harbeth buyers to be a particular bunch. Although you did get a great deal it boils down - what can you live with?

So sorry, what a shame.

• Like 1

$200.00 is not enough for sure , first I thought $600.00 but I was pissed , but I think $500.00 would be fair . I hooked them up and made sure they worked , I need to adjust them in the morning . I did a quick listen and they sound decent but I will know for sure tomorrow when I get them setup correct . Good news we agreed at a $500.00 refund and I tossed him $70.00 for his packing materials he had to buy so I will get a refund of $430.00 which I think is fair on both ends , We both agreed it sucks that this happened but it did .

I listed to the Harbeths for a few hours its a very smooth natural sound speaker I like it

Edited by A1UC

you can have them professionally patched up BUT you will never be able to have the damage be not visible, at some angle or another you will see each and every fix. They will never be perfect so take a cash refund fix them as you like and listen to them and love them forever or send them back and buy a perfect set. Seems like that might be best for you? Good luck and sorry that you had to go through this kind of disappointment it was not asked for, it would seem not to be the fault of the shipper which make matters more distressing. This did not need to have have happened. Photos pre shipping would be a good thing to request next time.