A1UC - Harbeth HL5

richieb

A1

I look forward to short review on you "British sound" components - the LFD and the HL5.

I have been intrigued with Harbeth for some time but have yet to find courage to pull the trigger. Maybe you can opine their $$$ vs. sound quotant. Not neccessarily vs. Klipsch but tone, stage, cohesion etc.

Thanks

And it appears you are leaving VRD for LFD. British integrated for American tube monos. Interesting flip.

make a trip to Calgary and I can let you hear the H3 and the HL5 in the same room if you like but there really is not much of a contest between the two, the Klipsch rules the rock.

Harbeth HL5 about 3-4 years old now

Edited by moray james

make a trip to Calgary and I can let you hear the H3 and the HL5 in the same room if you like but there really is not much of a contest between the two, the Klipsch rules the rock.

which klipsch are you comparing to the SHL5

which klipsch are you comparing to the SHL5

all heritage would rule rock over Harbeth.......................Harbeth are a nice speaker in there own right but they have there house  sound which is not nearly as good with rock as Horns  :D

I have lusted after the big boy harbeth for years ( http://www.kogerer.ru/huff40.html )

I would also be curious to hear your impressions on the harbeth

did you get the stands also ?,  I love monitors for there ability to present a 3d soundstage and pretty much disappear in a room, :D  integrating better bass is always the issue   :angry2:

I have heard all the arguments about subs and you supposedly cant hear where it is, I always had issue (almost always, my Edgar seismic's integrated very well)

Okay heres the deal , I got them today when I bought them the seller said no damage I even asked , here is how I got them . Now so far he's trying to make it right he said they didn't leave this way . Any ideas what a fair refund would be ? post-49590-14339708794514_thumb.jpgpost-49590-14339708878442_thumb.jpgpost-49590-14339708967986_thumb.jpgpost-49590-14339709086858_thumb.jpgpost-49590-1433970922211_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it would depend on what the shipping boxes looked like when they arrived....were they crunched in the same spots?  Was the packing appropriate?  Plus, not knowing what you paid for them, kind of hard to determine a refund to "make it right"....

If you got the speakers and the stands for that price, you got a killer deal. If that is for speakers only, still a pretty good deal. I agree that they probably went in the box looking like that and I hate dishonesty. But I think if he kicks you back a couple hundred bucks, you should be whole.

Shakey