Klipschorns In Toledo Ohio

Freespirit

http://toledo.craigslist.org/ele/5059680596.html

No affiliation.

I did go view these and they are in beautiful shape and sound fantastic.  There is a small scratch on one side of the speakers, but will be non viewable when positioned.  They are just TOO big for my set-up.  I hope someone gets them though.  Nice.

Edited by Freespirit
  • Like 1

I could swear someone on here bought a mint walnut pair for 2k , Id like these speakers but it would be a 12hr drive for me round trip at 10mpg  :o

He also bought some other gear from the seller like a McIntosh amp if I remember right

Edited by A1UC

What seems to be a average price for these

These are listed at $3200, Ohio.  The Klipsch collective recently followed several recent Khorn sales from Texas to PA and the low was $2800 to a high around $3200 or $3300, not sure which.

Like you said A1UC, the price is probably in the range of fair market value for a nice set.  For someone who has been looking for Khorns they may wait wait and get a lower price, but not much lower.

Guest Steven1963

I could swear someone on here bought a mint walnut pair for 2k , Id like these speakers but it would be a 12hr drive for me round trip at 10mpg  :o

My 1972 Walnut Khorns are practically mint - no veneer issues at all - but a couple dents that do not look out of place. I paid $2500 for them and the guy threw in a RSW-15 and a Klipsch center that I forget the model # but is also very nice. I practically stole those speakers :)

My 1972 Walnut Khorns are practically mint - no veneer issues at all - but a couple dents that do not look out of place. I paid $2500 for them and the guy threw in a RSW-15 and a Klipsch center that I forget the model # but is also very nice. I practically stole those speakers :)

Id be in for 2500 on these after fuel  I think

• Like 1

Kind of an interesting story on them. . .  They were left behind by the home's previous owners because they were too big to move.  The previous owner had a sort of "man-cave" set up in the basement that included a projector, screen, music system, and these Klipschorns.  However, when they moved they decided to leave them with the new owners simply because they didn't feel like hauling them.  The owners said they were "grandfathered" in.  LOL.  So, they've been sitting in the basement with a cover on them.  Nice people.  They like music, but do not really have a vested interest in the Klipschorns; however, they have done their research and are fairly knowlegeable about their value. 

Having moved K-horns 5 times in 50 years you have to be in the right frame of mind to move them. A dolly is a must with nice rugs to cover. When you get to moving things you get yourself

all lathered up into a mesmionic frenzy of get-er done as in Laurel & Hardy.

JJK

• Like 1

I gotta build me a new house with corners damnit!! :sad:

I just need a pair to store for my next house lol

I do know how it is to not have corners. I am finishing a house that I designed to have a livingroom with 2 corners for Khorns. I didn't have corners before, but i will soon. I couldn't wait and had to set up a temporary mancave in the basement. Picked up some Chorus 2 last week and had to A/B them to the KLF30.

post-56159-0-45780000-1433810780_thumb.j

post-56159-0-13500000-1433810855_thumb.j

• Like 1