WTB: RS-3 or RS-7's

The History Kid

• 1 month later...

Hey Michael, I may part with my RS-3 II's now as I have decided to keep the room in a 2.2 set up.... I have stripped the vinyl trim off the top and bottom of the speakers since they were peeling so they are ready to refinish. I have seen lots of people that have painted the tops and bottoms black and they turn out pretty nice. Not sure if you want a project though.

Michael,

I have 2 sets of them, one of them is being used as front heights and the other are side surrounds. The only thing is one set had the vinyl peeling away, so I refinished them.I took off the vinyly, sanded them down and finished them off with Duratec (3 coats). They look fresh and minty. The other set has the vinyl with no issues, but the person I bought them from had brackets they screwed into the tops of the speakers, so they have the screw holes in them.

If you are interested, I'd be willing to do a swap plus $100.00 from you with each of us paying our own shipping.

I am attaching pictures of the finished of set 1st, and the other set 2nd. Only reason I'd do it is so the 42's could be used as side surrounds as my S-3's are right up against the walls due to their size.

post-59264-0-74840000-1439676835_thumb.j

post-59264-0-68720000-1439676844_thumb.j

post-59264-0-59320000-1439676854_thumb.j

post-59264-0-12480000-1439676864_thumb.j