The Law is Mostly for the Rich, Right?

Jim Naseum

Does he own the residence or are you just leasing the site?

It's a standard mobile home park where you purchase the "mobile home" per se for cash from previous owner, but then lease the space it sits on. it's a large park with about 400 sites. The actual owners are absentee. They live 800 miles away in San Fran. I communicate with them via FAX, as none of them will take my phone calls. 

As long as he has no ties to the trailer you're living in, and even if he did, the park owner would still have to allow you to build a structure to accommodate your mother as long as it was not permanently attached to the home. Is her name on the lease?  If not, that could be an escape loophole for them just seeing her as a  "visitor" and not a tenant. 

If you built in the back would anyone even know?  Maybe spend a little extra to make it mobile.  That could not be construed as permanent construction on the leased land.  Put the thing on wheels/rollers.  Be the lizard king.

I discounted the back for safety reasons. The back exit would require first exiting to a patio, then going through the fire door for the garage. Once in the garage she had to get the large electric garage door open. If they're is a fire, quake or flood there may be no electricity to open the door. She would be unable to lift the door manually. All of that versus walking out the front door, where one would expect emergency workers to be. I see no logical reason to sacrifice her safety.