Thebesis Grumpitis

thebes

They are incredible. How was Gabby's solo? I saw them with Robert Trujillo, mind blowing. Sadly, I took photos, so maybe it was all just a dream.

Let's see.  Flamenco meets speed metal using pumped up acoustic guitars with wah-wah pedals?

Freekin awesome man!

This was their second to last concert of this tour so they dropped the regular playlist but Gabriella did do her solo, which was also awesome.

OT, us Boomers are hardly immune to the boorishness of smartypants phones. Indeed, most of the clowns blocking my view while they raised their phones over their heads, something they always do for some selfish reason, were Boomers.

So two weekends ago I go to one of the The Capitol's, hell, the Country's, premiere performance venues, Wolf Trap, to see Rodrigo y Gabriella. I  spring for the big bucks. First row seats behind the box seats. 

Wow! Great concert!

But...

But...

Butt heads galore.

I guess I'm acting my age (for a change) and I'm so glad I  got to see a lot of music before those creeps in the audience came along.  It really has become almost impossible to enjoy a concert these days thanks to all those pudheads who can't imagine a shared group experience, having to claim it for themselves and their small, small minds.

All right Thebes you're thinking, get to the point, what are you going on about now.

Comeonnow lads,  who else could it be but most foul vermin upon the land, owners of smarty pants phones. Who else could it be. Who else could be so crass, so self-absorbed, so, so...

...needy and pathetic as those buttheads who can't be polite (remember polite), can't be sensitive (remember positiveness), can't share the moment (remember moments when you had to actually absorb the experience and the music instead of instantly sharing the "moment" with your other fellow buttheads).

At one point the musicians invited a hundred or so fans onto the stage, a rare privileged I'm thinking. Surprise! They all took it as selfie moment,.  After all you can't be in the moment, gotta record the moment. Doofus interruptis and thank god I didn't have a machine gun handy at that moment (something about a standing court order placed on me after another the cell phone run amok concert)

Fact of the matter is  that most of the people here reading my post own smarty pants phones and are probably equally guilty.  Given the collective love of music on this site, it's a sad, sad thing to contemplate.

So enjoy your next narcissistic concert.  I can only hope that god in her infinite wisdom puts me in charge of all concert venues, and then I will...

Maybe this will cheer you up. Remember the good ole concert days.

• Like 1

Guest thesloth

I attended a 3 day festival/concert in August and I can say I feel the same way. Last year it was Las Vegas for a a few concerts at the MGM Grand, same experience, the year before that was Atlantic City with the same outcome. Every year I say I will never spend a lot of money to go to a concert because my time is usually ruined by the people around me. All of these self-entitled people think that they own the place or something.

Don't get me started on people who don't know how to drive on their phones. The ignorance of the general population has seem to boom in the past decade, it's like people are exponentially getting worse. I think it might stem from the capitalistic nature of our society and the lack of ethics; i.e. Screw everyone else as long as I get what I want attitude.

• Like 1

So two weekends ago I go to one of the The Capitol's, hell, the Country's, premiere performance venues, Wolf Trap, to see Rodrigo y Gabriella. I  spring for the big bucks. First row seats behind the box seats. 

Wow! Great concert!

But...

But...

Butt heads galore.

I guess I'm acting my age (for a change) and I'm so glad I  got to see a lot of music before those creeps in the audience came along.  It really has become almost impossible to enjoy a concert these days thanks to all those pudheads who can't imagine a shared group experience, having to claim it for themselves and their small, small minds.

All right Thebes you're thinking, get to the point, what are you going on about now.

Comeonnow lads,  who else could it be but most foul vermin upon the land, owners of smarty pants phones. Who else could it be. Who else could be so crass, so self-absorbed, so, so...

...needy and pathetic as those buttheads who can't be polite (remember polite), can't be sensitive (remember positiveness), can't share the moment (remember moments when you had to actually absorb the experience and the music instead of instantly sharing the "moment" with your other fellow buttheads).

At one point the musicians invited a hundred or so fans onto the stage, a rare privileged I'm thinking. Surprise! They all took it as selfie moment,.  After all you can't be in the moment, gotta record the moment. Doofus interruptis and thank god I didn't have a machine gun handy at that moment (something about a standing court order placed on me after another the cell phone run amok concert)

Fact of the matter is  that most of the people here reading my post own smarty pants phones and are probably equally guilty.  Given the collective love of music on this site, it's a sad, sad thing to contemplate.

So enjoy your next narcissistic concert.  I can only hope that god in her infinite wisdom puts me in charge of all concert venues, and then I will...

British Dance Hall treacle is supposed to cheer me up! Not a single original note in that song. And I thought the same back in the day,.  My God you whippersnapper, your just trying to raise my bile  Back then, about once a week some of my various clueless friends, who thought they were doing me a favor, would offer me a pair of Beatles tickets about every other week. I'd always grab them, spit on them, grind them up, throw them on the floor and dance on them, yet they never got the point.

Grumble, grumble, grumble...

Back then, about once a week some of my various clueless friends, who thought they were doing me a favor, would offer me a pair of Beatles tickets about every other week. I'd always grab them, spit on them, grind them up, throw them on the floor and dance on them, yet they never got the point. Grumble, grumble, grumble..

LOL GD I love you man!

Now, if only hard lines weren't the galactic call-spam magnets that they are.

The National Do Not Call Registry is your friend.  B)

https://www.donotcall.gov/

+++

Official Thread Drift:  I got my new phone book a few days ago.  I was stunned to find 10% white pages and 90% Yellow Pages!  I remember when it was the exact opposite, and then in the not too distant past, about 50-50.

OT, us Boomers are hardly immune to the boorishness of smartypants phones. Indeed, most of the clowns blocking my view while they raised their phones over their heads, something they always do for some selfish reason, were Boomers.

C'mon man, it's not the 1970's any more, in fact, it's almost the 21st century!  :D

Those built-in cell phone flashlights are super bright, and nobody uses Bic lighters at concerts anymore.  The cell phone lights are the new lighters!  B)

Edited by wvu80

i put some other photos up on RTM if you want to see them.  the guys backstage we’re all really cool. so was Craig Bartock (lead guitarist)…got rap with him for a while.  Totally different from Steve Howe (YES)…he locks himself up and only his family are allowed to invade his space before a show.  These dudes are hanging out talking, showing us the equipment.

British Dance Hall treacle is supposed to cheer me up! Not a single original note in that song. And I thought the same back in the day,.  My God you whippersnapper, your just trying to raise my bile  Back then, about once a week some of my various clueless friends, who thought they were doing me a favor, would offer me a pair of Beatles tickets about every other week. I'd always grab them, spit on them, grind them up, throw them on the floor and dance on them, yet they never got the point.

Grumble, grumble, grumble...

Target acquired, "Bullseye!"

:D   :tongue:  :wub2: