Too Many Calls Pushing the Expedia Contest Travel Scam?

Wolfbane

Been getting these bogus winner of a draw I never entered scam constantly on my cellphone, at the client's office and my home office phone. Every time they spoof their calling actual number choosing to display a local area code and phone number.

Today I'm working at my home office when I answer the latest scam time wasting call. I just happen to be listening to Dire Straits 'Money for Nothing' so I turn up the amp volume put the phone on speaker, punch the number 1 on the phone to get a live person and let them waste 5 minutes listening to my counter time- waster.

You must have an Android...

Not sure what that is is this context. I do have call display and the calling numbers spoof the same area code and prefix numbers of whatever my receiving number is. Calling any of their various displayed numbers back and they don't exist.  :)

Not sure what that is is this context. I do have call display and the calling numbers spoof the same area code and prefix numbers of whatever my receiving number is. Calling any of their various displayed numbers back and they don't exist.  :)

Only saying that Android based phones have a much higher occurrence of OS bugs, viruses, spoofing issues, etc.  Just an observation, that's all.   

Only saying that Android based phones have a much higher occurrence of OS bugs, viruses, spoofing issues, etc.  Just an observation, that's all.   

My cellphone is an older 2012 Samsung. I use it sparingly, no texting or data plan and don't keep up with the latest phones, but yes I believe it uses the Android Operating System.  :lol: