Isissy's Chief Whacked From the Air?

Wolfbane

They couldn't hit a nail with a hammer!! They have the aircraft but beyond flying them, it is like a kid trying to figure out how to play a video game.

I agree with Paul Bremer's comment that they 'couldn't organize a one-car parade'. Maybe they got lucky or had a Russian in the cockpit. 

If we would only spend another $50 M per to train more Anti Assad soldiers

I know we're not supposed to sneak politics into these proceedings, but I thought I was the only who read that and became  infuriated by our government spending a half-billion on yet another foreign policy failure.   :angry2:

• Like 2

Maybe they got lucky or had a Russian in the cockpit.

Wow, that may be an astute observation on your part!

It also tells me you are a student of history.  B)

Never under estimate the capability of the Russian fighting man (i.e. grunt: cannon fodder, pilot: he's flying on a wing and a prayer special). Especially if you are ever foolish enough to invade Mother Russia. 

Napoleon and some crazed German guy both made that fatal mistake in the last 200 years. Charles the XII before them as well. 

Maybe they got lucky or had a Russian in the cockpit.

Wow, that may be an astute observation on your part!

It also tells me you are a student of history.  B)

Never under estimate the capability of the Russian fighting man (i.e. grunt: cannon fodder, pilot: he's flying on a wing and a prayer special). Especially if you are ever foolish enough to invade Mother Russia. 

Napoleon and some crazed German guy both made that fatal mistake in the last 200 years. Charles the XII before them as well.

It's tough to invade Russia because it's just so big. The defenders keep retreating until the invaders' supply lines are so long that their forces can barely manage to feed and fuel themselves, then the Russians attack.

As well, people fighting for their homeland in their homeland are very highly motivated. The British first, and much later the Russians, discovered that when they were in Afghanistan. Even trying to retreat and get the hell out was very costly for both of those armies.

Edited by Islander
  • Like 1

It's tough to invade Russia because it's just so big. The defenders keep retreating until the invaders' supply lines are so long that their forces can barely manage to feed and fuel themselves, then the Russians attack.

As well, people fighting for their homeland in their homeland are very highly motivated. The British first, and much later the Russians, discovered that when they were in Afghanistan. Even trying to retreat and get the hell out was very costly for both of those armies.

Napoleon was the greatest Western military brain since Alexander and yet he too let his ego put his chestnuts in the fire in both Russia and Spain. He rolled into Russia with more than 500,000 men and crawled out, mere months later with a few thousand.

He reportedly once said: 'When you set out to take Vienna... you take Vienna!' He found out that Moscow was not Vienna and Russia was not Austria. 

If we would only spend another $50 M per to train more Anti Assad soldiers

I know we're not supposed to sneak politics into these proceedings, but I thought I was the only who read that and became  infuriated by our government spending a half-billion on yet another foreign policy failure.   :angry2:

They're are no white knights in the Hell on earth known as Syria today but given the choice of supporting the side of lessor evil, Putin, at least, chose the more ethical and pragmatic side.

Edited by Wolfbane