OTL

MyOwn

THIS can be purchased as an assembled unit.  I didn't know if the amp could be as well but you're probably right about it being a kit.

I've built Bruce's GG and am currently using it...It sounds wonderful. The GG is pretty much circuit board. I'm not sure if Bruce does the assembly himself, I do know that he has folks that are really really great at assembly.

Here is a quote from Ed Schilling from the Hornshoppe about the Transcendent Sound Beast Monoblock http://www.transcendentsound.com/Transcendent_Sound_BEAST_OTL_Tube_Amp.html

Well, let me say that the first time my wife heard them (well, actually just one) she said "we need that". I told her the cost of the tubes. She said "oh".

Thing is, she heard just one, in mono...with half the tubes, hooked to my "favorite" speakers. This was quite a while ago.

I just completed a pair for a friend and within a minute of hearing the first one being tested, she said,  "call Bruce and order one" . Again, this was just the first of the pair playing in mono. I completed the second today. Now she wants two. Sucks to be me, right? smile.gif

I am not a shill for Bruce. Yea, I think we are buddies, but that is not the point. The point is,  I have had a lot of stuff come into my "Pink Room" and all I can say is ........................BUY THE BEASTS! BUY THEM! BUY THEM NOW!

For the level of performance they are a give away.Yea they are expensive, so is anything of high quality. They are worth 10 times the cost.....

Am I clear?

Ed