power ? How much is to much on 110 volts

joessportster

Silly maybe but would rather be sure

I found a used hospital grade oneac power conditioner input is 120 (actual is 125.6 VAC in)  output is testing at  130.6 VAC

How much is to much for Our gear ??  I mean most of the gear is rated at 115 VAC so an extra 15 volts isnt much But would hate to burn something up

Anyone  ?

• Like 2

Silly maybe but would rather be sure

I found a used hospital grade oneac power conditioner input is 120 (actual is 125.6 VAC in)  output is testing at  130.6 VAC

How much is to much for Our gear ??  I mean most of the gear is rated at 115 VAC so an extra 15 volts isnt much But would hate to burn something up

Anyone  ?

well you can look on line to see how Canadian owners fared with old Counterpoint Electronics which was made in the USA with cheap power transformers that could do 110 volts and not much more, they had all manner of problems in Canada where 120 volts is the standard and depending upon where you are you can read from 125 to 127 on lines. The nearer to the power generation you are the hotter the voltage will be (no matter where you live) as the generator (supplier) has to compensate for losses along the distance of the line to the farthest point out that the grid supplies to. So hot (hi) voltage nearest to the hydro dam and lower voltage at the most distant point that power is supplied to.

Edited by moray james

What you are saying is once I plug something in and it draws power from the oneac that the item plugged in will cause a voltage drop ?

I believe so, I will look into that exact model.

How the heck would I test that ?

Plug something into it just enough to power the device but leave a little bit of the male prongs exposed and then measure the AC voltage with a meter. Plug something in that pulls under 100 watts and take a measurement and then plug something that pulls like 300watts and take a measurement. I don't think those models have a voltage regulator in them but they might.

Edited by xxJPMxx
  • Like 1

Plugin item here is what i keep plugged in next to my desk in Da-Cave.

First pic shows Voltage/Amp draw also mounted next to my subpanel in Da-cave.

MPJA mail order is where i get these goodies for less than 8Bucks ea.

These guys are my online toy store, spend an hour looking over their goodies, you will be the better for it.

http://www.mpja.com/

post-57941-0-90220000-1446233582_thumb.j

post-57941-0-49420000-1446233603_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2