Collosal Audio Dreck

thebes

Possibly the worse song ever recorded. Technically it's a mess, sonicaly it's awful, lyrics are pedestrian and only the most hackneyed tv talent show would embrace it.

Yes folks, its Adele's latest hit, "Hello", the self-appointed heir to Amy Winehouse and probably the reason Amy drank herself to death.  Yet another colossally sub-par British import.  At least the Beatles knew they were bad.

Oh yes,  200 million brain-dead morons think it was worth listening to.

Even the Stooges can sing better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesMObf__lA

I see it is now at 1.11 million in the first week!

I'm constantly reminded that everyone has different musical tastes.  Last Friday we had our annual staff lunchtime Halloween Party.  No liquor as we are a substance abuse treatment center among other things.  I have numerous times over the years had each staff member give me the name of a song that is meaningful in some way to them.  Then I play them and whoever can identify, the song, and who suggested it wins $5.00.  Creates a lot of competition among a group that is not competitive normally.

This time we had a huge carpeted conference room to work with and I dragged my newly acquired Chorus II's there so I could really turn up the volume and get a feel for them –– while showing them off to some of the staff who are interested in such.  I can't tell you the diversity of musical tastes represented, most was pretty middle of the road, lots of rock, some show tunes even a couple of rap "songs".  But all in all it is very well received and enjoyable for everybody.

As in music, art and love, there is just no accounting for taste-and that's probably a good thing.

Edited by dbomberger

Possibly the worse song ever recorded. Technically it's a mess, sonicaly it's awful, lyrics are pedestrian and only the most hackneyed tv talent show would embrace it.

Yes folks, its Adele's latest hit, "Hello", the self-appointed heir to Amy Winehouse and probably the reason Amy drank herself to death.  Yet another colossally sub-par British import.  At least the Beatles knew they were bad.

Oh yes,  200 million brain-dead morons think it was worth listening to.

Even the Stooges can sing better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesMObf__lA

Larry could play the violin (professionally) if he ever tired of being a stooge. I don't believe he could sing though.

I'm constantly reminded that everyone has different musical tastes.

Very, very true, and except for The Beatles (my opinion, but who could argue) and now Adelle, I am am more than forgiving.  I truly love the cornucopia of music offered up to us, seemingly from everywhere.  I don't think there is anything that even remotely come as close to the universitality of music.

As in music, art and love, there is just no accounting for taste-and that's probably a good thing.

Hard to argue with that. Also, sounds like you have a good group going there.