Help choosing a sub

qwank

I had an FSR-15 a long time ago I use to run with my Chorus II's. The amp plate started having intermittent issues so after a bit of research I ended up junking it and bought a brand new BASH 300 on sale for something like $130 shipped. The sub actually sounds better with the new amp, a friend of mine still uses it today.

When the amp is replaced with an aftermarket amp, will the sub still play as low as 20hz, or 18hz in the case of your fsr15?

Unless the amp has some sort of high pass filter it will.  Most plate amps should be fine.  You can always check the spec sheet before purchase if you're unsure.

I ended up buying the FSR-12 that Arrow found in my local Craigslist. Works and sounds great except for a slightly loud white noise at idle. Anyone have experience fixing this noise on them?

Lots of subs will have slightly loud white noise if you crank up the gain.  Try to boost the bass in your AVR then turn the gain down on the sub if you haven't already.  

• Like 1

I ended up buying the FSR-12 that Arrow found in my local Craigslist. Works and sounds great except for a slightly loud white noise at idle. Anyone have experience fixing this noise on them?

Lots of subs will have slightly loud white noise if you crank up the gain.  Try to boost the bass in your AVR then turn the gain down on the sub if you haven't already.  

the noise does not change with the gain knob. It's also there when there is no connection from the AVR to the sub . 

I ended up buying a second Velodyne sub that Arrow#422 found on my local craigslist. this one is a F-1200, a year older than the FSR-12 I bought last week. its about 2'' shorter but looks the same otherwise. 

so I have two subwoofers now with a total of $160 invested. I think I did pretty good. Thanks again Arrow#422!!

temporary_zpscpztse9s.jpg

• Like 1