Retirement Project: Regional Music Heritage Center

Mallette

Sneak preview of the program, as some have asked for.  Just finalized today.  Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.  Not on the program but finalized today is Dr. Jim Greeson will travel here to present his superb Nancarrow documentary.  That showing will be free and start at 530. 

And it's looking like Yamaha will come through with a Disklavier, for which Dr. Robert Willey of Ball State University is recording Joplin to play at the reception.  Along with "Three of a Kind," a great jazz trio and Dr. John Tennison banging out boogie as well.  May turn into a party. 

I am VERY much looking forward to it.  It's been a long road to here, and it's still quite a long road to daylight...but I think I am about to start down the slope. 

Dave

NancarrowProgramA.png

NancarrowProgramB.png

Keeps getting better.  Klipsch Group, Inc. is now the Official Loudspeaker of the Regional Music Heritage Center.  KGI will be loaning a professional speaker system for the December 17 event, a placing a Klipschorn, La Scala, Heresy 5 channel surround system on load to the RMHC as our main system for the Listening and Performance Center.  Special thanks to Jim Hunter, Matt Sommers, and Roy Delgado for their help and support. 

We intend to expose as many innocent bystanders as possible to the Klipsch experience, such that they go home and take a hammer to their existing systems. 

Dave

RMHC_poster_PWK.jpg

• Like 2

Dave,

I wish I could be there.  I hope, and plan, to visit someday.

PLEASE let me know when you need some more Williamson record cleaner.  I don't want to send it until you have the need and opportunity to use it before it congeals to gelatinous goop.

Best,

Neil

9 minutes ago, Rivervalleymgb said:

Judy and I will be there on the 17th. Wouldn't miss it!!!

Woot! Woot!  SO looking forward to seeing you!  I really is going to be fun...  Roy tells me they'll be sending a pair of KI-396's and an 1802 sub.  The joint will ROCK with 4 Roland Synth's sounding at the same time.  Then, we'll roll them out to the lobby for the party and the jazz band to use.

Dave

YES.  Only a 110 seats available, and at 35.00 per person, a loss leader for me.  Free showing of Jim Greeson's excellent documentary on Nancarrow at 530, the performance which is going to be awesome and quite unique, and the reception, more of a party, with great beer, wine, and catering by Pecan Point...plus an excellent jazz trio and some boogie-woogie by John, if he doesn't break the piano which he has a habit of doing.

Tickets available at http://texarkanarmhc.tix.com/Event.aspx?EventCode=918327
Phone Orders: 800 595 4849...

Dave