Cornwall mods vs Jubscalas

Macho Kiljoy

I was offended by the inference that Dave's opinion was based on some supposed desire to make a buck. He also asked about Cornwall mods - did you catch that? It's the same old crap - if you build and sell something - it's because of the money - it would never dawn on some that we do what we do because we like the way it sounds.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input, guys! I didn't mean to start a fight. I think I will go with Chris A's advise, kind of. He nailed the path I am on and I will continue it. I am getting the Fastrac for my Cornwalls, for now. Later I will do the Jubsacalas and that will lead me to Jubilees. Thanks for the help!

it would never dawn on some that we do what we do because we like the way it sounds.

Isn't it the defacto audiophile perspective that the designers of any equipment never make decisions based on how things sound? Designers and Engineers are evil.

Is it possible to go 2-way on the Fastrac? I definitely prefer its sound over the K400 for midrange duty.

"Jub Scalas" is a gross misnomer. What makes a JUBE is the BASS bin, not the top horn, silly puddings. When PWK and Roy wrote the AES paper on the Jubilee, it was the bass bin that they published, not the variety of horns that showed up on top of it. Yet, it persists. Unreal.

Mark 1101 doesn't call his stack a "Jube MWM" for that reason. Gimme a break.

Edited by ClaudeJ1