U-Ship? Anyone use them?

Karsoncookie

Have my first accepted bid waiting for pickup now. Process and cost were good, pickup got put off due to carrier getting overloaded by a prior pickup but I'm in no rush so it wasn't a problem. The system really seems to leave the carrier at the mercy of pickup/unload. I have 3 large antique pieces to go to Colorado. Put it up one night and had 3 bids the next morning. I would think a couple of speakers could be economical and safe. They have several levels of care. Without boxes you'd probably want one of the top two - blanket wrap or white glove. When the bid is accepted by you, you get a code from uShip that you give to the carrier when things are done so then they get paid by uShip. My shipment is resched for after the 1st of the year. 

I'm a trailer dealer, have had multiple bad experiences. Have had a guy show up with a dually and no mudflaps, and hauled one to new York in the winter, which sandblasted the paint off the fenders. Have had a guy disappear for a long time just to call me up while I was in the middle of Elvis's Graceland saying he is on his way and will be there in a couple hours. Most bids get won because they are cheap, and if they are, a common thing to do is for somebody to bid on delivering a car, based on the idea that they have a trailer, except they dont. They will double book a delivery, so they deliver one guy a car, and another guy a trailer, the trailer they just picked up to deliver that car with. Just all kinds of red flags there. This has happened multiple times. This all got so bad I actually called the company and asked how I could prevent jack legs from their site from being sent to me. It's up to the booking party to vet these guys and make sure they have proper insurance and whatnot but I don't think that ever happens. They win bids because they are cheap, and some extra baggage can come with that. The one time I did post an ad trying to find a professional hauler, they took down my ad and flagged my account because I included my phone number. I'm just not a fan and at this point I try not to work with people who have them in mind.

Re: MB1 on Greyhound- Are they under the (what I understand) the 100 lb per package limit for Greyhound?

They have very generous size limit- about the size of a full size sofa- but weight limit only 100lb.

After a lot of searching and reading, Uship should be fine IF your provider has extensive positive feedback.

Even then, good chance they're not totally legal w licensing and/or insurances- but if they have the feedback I think it;s good enough for speakers,

If it was a 50k boat, I'd investigate Fed licensing , insurance etc more for sure,

If I had an airport convenient to both ends, I'd probably prefer Forwardair.

Just my opinion.   Lars