Absolutely Beutiful Orriginal Electro Voice WK K-33 Ceramic Magnet Woofer from the 1960's

twistedcrankcammer

The pix is upside down,  EV  K-33  as in the listing  above.

s-l1600.jpg

This is the same style  EV 15WK  with EV logo.

Electro Voice 15WK (PWK approved).jpg

The EV 15W-K is Earlier than the Electro Voice EV WK K-33 and the WK K-33 is much harder to find with the appropriate PWK amenities, which also make it look cooler IMHO :)

I already own three of the Earlier 1950's Alnico Magnet EV 15W-K's or this would already be in my collection on coolness factor alone ;)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Both the above pix show the pleated orange later surround.

I believe the earlier rolled style to be better.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

From what I have run across, I do not think that the Black rolled surround is earlier, I am almost certain that it is a factory EV recone kit!

My EV 15W-Ks are the Early Alnico just like the one you have pictured and they had the original Orange surrounds, plus there is an even earlier Alnico 15W-K than mine or the one you have pictured that has two bolts going through that top plate into the motor structure and I have seen them also with the orange surround, plus my reconer who was recommended to me by Electro Voice, ( back when you still called Buchman, Michigan) as the only one authorized to recone their obsolete drivers also said he believes this to be true. He also makes new foam cone kits for the EV 30W 30 inch drivers that came in the Patrician 800's as well :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer