New to the Klipsch family

jh5783

Didn't know where to put this but wanted to say hi.  I just recently  moved from Chicago to Northern Cali and had to sell my old gear due to the fact that was took much to ship lol.  The old system consisted of" 

Yamaha A740 (which I still have), and a Marantz 1504 slim (no longer have)

Polk RTI  8 speakers,

Polk RTI-6 bookshelf,

Polk CS5 Center

DCM Sub2 ( I actually miss the sub it was a front and boom dual sub).  

The new system setup consists of:

RF-82II speakers

RB-61 bookshelf

RC-62

SVS Sb2000 sub

So far I'm really enjoying the sound!!  It really is a huge step up from the RTI's I had.  Not saying the Polk's were  bad but they weren't the most sensitive speaker took a lot to drive them.  right now I'm getting the bug to upgrade the receiver loll but right now the Yamaha is doing a really good job at handling the setup.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. My first system was Polk RT800, CS300 and FX500. I purchased a pair of Klipsch CF2 and I was hooked. Sold my Polk system and never looked back. I just heard so much more detail that was hidden in with the Polks

• Like 1

Welcome from another newbie! What is your opinion of the SB-2000?

Hi RX8,

I love it.  For our third floor family room which is 18x13x8 it's pretty sufficient.  For movies it;s slams pretty hard  and gets low.  I was watching The Martian last night and it shook the room in a couple of scenes.  Now for music that's another story., it SHINES! It's precise and punchy and doesn't overpower the music it just blends in .  It's kinda hard to explain.  I used to listen to music in pure direct mode with my old set up but now I find myself listening to most of my collection in 2.1 now because I really like the subs range and sound quality.  If you have a bigger room I would suggest getting 2.  

• Moderators

Welcome glad your liking your new system, stick around these guys have tons of experience and can help if a question comes up.

Also Welcome  RS8, didn't see you when you first joined...............I really don't read much in the HT section, :blush2:  these guys in here have tried about everything with HT, and with a sheriff like Youthman it's always good.  :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1