Vent_Nikon_No-Service

USNRET

Thanks for the tips Roger. One thing I can say is that after about 200 rounds this thing is TIGHT. The pins do not come out easily (only had them out once to clean after the 200). I do need to go out alone and get some finesse shooting in. Looking for a larger (longer eared) charging handle as the optics interfere a bit.

Thanks for the tips Roger. One thing I can say is that after about 200 rounds this thing is TIGHT. The pins do not come out easily (only had them out once to clean after the 200). I do need to go out alone and get some finesse shooting in. Looking for a larger (longer eared) charging handle as the optics interfere a bit.

Definitely check out www.brownells.com as they have everything you could want! :)

Brownells has a Catalogue that you can order, just for AR rifles, which makes it a lot easier to go through than the web address.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

• Moderators

Everything I own is topped with Leupold1

I have never even had a single problem ever! :)

Roger

Excellent choice, pretty much everything I have is topped with Leupold as well.  I have a lot of German glass, and it is great for certain things, but it is so hard to beat Leupold. 

I know this, every military sniper in the US uses Leupold.  Plus, the 1 Series is still made in good old USA.

• Like 1

I prefer German optics on my rifles. This monster, made by Hensoldt for example, has the best resolving glass I've seen:
This being my first AR type rifle (Daniels Defense DDM4 V11 Tornado) I just want to get comfy at 50 yds first before reaching into the next county!

Scopes as big and heavy as the Hensoldt are for bench shooting long distances. I would not think of hauling it out into the bush unless I could hire a couple of bearers to take turns hauling it.  :)

Everything I own is topped with Leupold1

I have never even had a single problem ever! :)

Roger

Excellent choice, pretty much everything I have is topped with Leupold as well.  I have a lot of German glass, and it is great for certain things, but it is so hard to beat Leupold. 

I know this, every military sniper in the US uses Leupold.  Plus, the 1 Series is still made in good old USA.

I have 10X 42mm Leica Geovid range finder Binoculars and a Swarovski Spotting scope, but all the glass on the Guns is Leupold so far.

Roger

I prefer German optics  on my rifles. 

This monster, made by Hensoldt for example, has the best resolving glass I've seen:

carl-zeiss-optronics-hensoldt-zf-6-24x72

Years back, the world record for a 10 shot 1,000 yard group, was shot with a Leupold Scope, the current record with a group of 10 at 2.6872 inches was done with a Nightforce Benchrest scope, that is good enough in my book to say who makes the best scope :)

Roger