Cable costs

Marvel

Since we moved about 15 miles closer to Chattanooga three years ago, we now have the opportunity to switch from our current provider (Comcast) to the company that provides power to the city (EPB -Electric Power Board).

We stayed with Comcast after the move as EPB wasn't quite in our area, but now, Comcast has changed the way they are going to be doing billing and services. We did have HD TV and a certain internet connection speed. I noticed that we weren't getting full HD anymore, only 720. Still looks pretty good, but it isn't what I was paying for.

EPB only gives full HD (the way I understand it) in their top tier pricing, but their network speed is available in 100Mbit, 1Gbit, !0Gbit.

Right now, while still on Comcast we get 77Mbit download speed and 18Mbit upload. That's be doing the test in my office, which goes through the cable modem -> Apple Extreme access point router out through Gbit port -> second Apple Extreme at other end of the house (thru Cat5e) - > Computer.

EPB gives you the same upload and download speed.

What to do, what to do????? What are you guys paying?

Bruce

post-5045-0-81340000-1454730219_thumb.jp

We had to update 3 cable boxes in the house.  Comcast sent them and easy to setup.  I know Comcast has it's complaints but, good customer service, you don't pay for boxes and remotes like satellite.  They don't charge to come out and fix things.  There internet speed is fast a should cover streaming.  If not, something else is a problem in the streaming chain.